The Dark Mod Forums

Thank You FM Developers!

Darrin

My wife and I are HUGE Thief fans. We play the same maps at the same time so we can kinda feel like we're thieving around together.

We are enjoying your maps like you wouldn't believe. We did go through the DarkRadiant tutorial, and we both made the small test map, so we know how much work you guys all put into it. We apprecaite it GREATLY as without TDM we would be playing TDS over and over and over again right now.

TDM tops TDS if only for the arrow rope return alone ... but MANY other aspects put TDM at the top of our list.

I read something about Thief 4 coming out ... initially excited, but after consideration, I actually have little interest in it .... hopefully they won't ruin it .... TDM is complete satisfaction and I have no need for anything else. TDM is still going to be overall generally more enjoyable as you FM developers put so much into our enjoyment .... Again, Thank You and Happy Holidays!

Edited by Darrin

Great to hear! If you feel more ambitious, there is a map-making contest for beginners just starting up...we already have one husband/wife mapping team around here, but it would be great to have another. :)

http://forums.thedar...inners-contest/

Too Kewl! - Is it us you are thinking of? or another couple who have actually contributed a map? We were pretty heavy into DR for a while about a year ago .... posted lots of questions and did end up with a good starter map .. you know the tutorial test map ...

No thief in the real world actually works alone .... She and I envisioned a massive multiplayer online city map server where thieves could work together, share hints, buy and sell items to each other, etc .... Sure wish we could hook up with some of you for some thieving together ..... We have played Thievery as a family now for years ... my two kids, wife and I all work together and have many maps, but the old Unreal 1 engine is dated graphically.

If we had the expertise, we were working on a TDM FM version of T2's "Life of the Party" ... TTYL! - Darrin

Spring was probably refering to greebo and angua . They got a nice map that hasn't been released yet ( but I won't say more) and they released The Outpost, which was one of the earlier releases and a fun map.

They also happen to be a large part of the scripting talent, so probably anything you do in game has had their touches behind the scenes (the stuff that matters the most).

It would be cool to see a map from you guys. It's pretty easy to follow Fid's tut and make at least a small playable mission to share.

Anyway, it's always to hear feedback, thanks!

Dark is the sway that mows like a harvest