The Dark Mod Forums

Dark Radiant loading slowly

SeriousToni

I reinstalled my computer and so DR 1.7. Now if I load a map it needs approx. 0.5 seconds per Primitive to load, so it would takes days to load my map again. I started a new map for the test and the viewports are hanging and stocking very often. I used "disable win7 design" in the .exe and in the options menu of Dark Radiant. I also checked "update viewports on cam movement". What the heck..?! There has nothing changed since the reinstall. I use the same OS, the same GPU driver, damnit... :unsure:

"Einen giftigen Trank aus Kräutern und Wurzeln für die närrischen Städter wollen wir brauen." - Text aus einem verlassenen Heidenlager

Nothing. Just Zonealarm and Antivir. :(

After the loading, it brings graphic errors like this:

(see the stretches and bloggy parts on the texture?)

That is kinda misplaced right now because I want to finish my map for the Beginners Map pack *cry*

post-3542-0-43978800-1333583502_thumb.png

"Einen giftigen Trank aus Kräutern und Wurzeln für die närrischen Städter wollen wir brauen." - Text aus einem verlassenen Heidenlager

Hey there New Horizon! I have Zone Alarm free which only provides the features a typical Firewall does (watching in- and outgoing connections). I had installed these two on my previous system too. I really didn't change anything except for a fresh clean OS installment. I am hopeless right now.. O_O

Hey there New Horizon! I have Zone Alarm free which only provides the features a typical Firewall does (watching in- and outgoing connections). I had installed these two on my previous system too. I really didn't change anything except for a fresh clean OS installment. I am hopeless right now.. O_O

Trust me, it doesn't matter if you haven't changed anything yourself...software finds a way of goofing up. :) I worked for years in tech support and one of several recurring issues was antivirus programs slowing other programs down by scanning the files as they were opened. Check to see if your antivirus program might have some sort of live scanning feature. If it does, then either disable it or find out if you can add Dark Radiant to a white list..then see if the speed is better. I've run several versions of Dark Radiant tonight ( official release and a freshly compiled version from SVN) and both loaded quickly.

When you reinstalled, did you also make sure to load the motherboard drivers for your system as well?

Okay I disabled my live scanning feature of Antivir. I installed the newest Gygabyte Motherboard Drivers. I reinstalled my ATI driver, this time I installed even Catalyst Control Centre and unchecked all "special ATI features" to leave everything to the applications. I redownloaded DR 1.7.0 and reinstalled it. It woun't work.

DARK RADIANT WHY U NO WORK IN FINAL PHASE ?!?

tumblr_m17q897eeU1r3wlis.gif

Okay I switched back to an older ATI driver version and it seems to work properly now. I switched from 12.3 to 12.1. I had issues with ATI in the past because of vertical synch - such was not the case this time. And I don't know what exactly changed that made DR not work anymore - especially as I had the same driver installed on my previous system. I guess I'll have to go with that old version and see if the next driver that comes out will work properly again.

Why the hell does ATI drivers screw up everything that's TDM related, really...

Oh my.. I couldn't sleep the last night because of this - today I get some rest hopefully after this seems to work again.. <_<

TDM's really gonna kill me someday - I'm sure of it.