The Dark Mod Forums

maps saving ONLY brushes not anything else

wrichards

Hi guys got it up and running making test rooms and such, but having a problem, next time I start DR my maps load brushes but everything else is missing, player start all objects, lights etc are not there.... kinda frustrating after aligning tables lights and such to come back later and find them all missing... also noticed after I come back and try to add a player start it won't add one.... somethugns weird, I want a solve this glitch before I start building serious. Thanks in advance for any reply :-)

Thank you guys again for this gift of this editor I thought I'd never build another thief level again :-)

>not that Im aware of. basicaly been opening it and following the a-z tutorial with some additions. then save save save. pop into TDM, dmap it, then test map it, run around a bit, jump out go eat lunch. start up DR, load map and nothing but brushes... wierdness... also difficulty getting the console to pop up AGAIN after I dmap it. I have to exit TDM, re-start it then I can Ctrl/alt/~   again wierdness... the old dromed had glitches too so know this is prob a strangness of the editor or such but, any help is apreciated :)

So the map was once dmapped and you was able to play it ingame?

And then later you edit the map and you lost all but brushes?

And after that the map is not dmappable and you cannot play it anymore?

So that are the entities really gone or are they just invisible in DR?

If the entities are just invisible, they are filtered out in DR. In the top menu there is the filter menu, check if you have filtered the entities out. The map should not even start if the player start entity was lost.

If the entities have spontaneously disappeared from the .map file, something utterly weird is going on. Can you post the .map file?

Clipper

-The mapper's best friend.

FOUND it.. yea my noobness showing. yea it was the filters. man really frustrating but glad it wasnt my install or somthing. Ive spent several hours diffrent times to get this whole thing running over the past year wasnt eveer able to get it going, bought new computer last week that solved ALL those problems, so I was concerned my installs might have been wacky, but NO! was somthing simple and such

again,,, THANK YOU for this editor and all the work to make it. Im old "derom"er and this editor is ALOT like that one, I am reviving old brain cells as I learn the editor, but its nice to find so many things are very much the same, learning curve should be alot lower this time..

thanks again for the fast response and help :) Ill be posting a level soon in very sure of it ;)