The Dark Mod Forums

Can't download missions

dickivy

When trying to download new missions, I get an error message stating that I'm out of disk space or write protected. (Both desktop and laptop) Neither of which is true.

Running win 7 pro and TDM 1.08. Can anyone help me here please?

Since posting this, it has become apparant that only the lich queens demise and the builders blocks are not able to download. The problem is not at this end......

I downloaded from the TDM webpage okay (I think) The problem is when I tried to download within TDM using the auto download feature.

Edited by dickivy

I am having the same problem with "The Builder's Blocks" and "The Lich Queen's Demise"

yep, same problem. ONly those two missions. I deleted a mission and re-downloaded okay, so there is something wrong with the way those missions are set up.

I played a mission once that gave me that error when downloading, but it still downloaded and played normally. Are those missions not showing up in the list of available missions to play?

I created those entries on the FM page but I can only offer my dropbox as mirror and the downloader doesn't work well with HTTPS.

Biker was in-charge of updating the other mirrors but he has been a bit busy these days ;)

Please visit TDM's IndieDB site and help promote the mod:

http://www.indiedb.com/mods/the-dark-mod

(Yeah, shameless promotion... but traffic is traffic folks...)

I played a mission once that gave me that error when downloading, but it still downloaded and played normally. Are those missions not showing up in the list of available missions to play?

TDM shows these missions afailable for download. I lelect them for down load and when I click on download i instantly get that error message. As stated abofe, no problem downloading from the web page.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, it's because they're on https sites, which the downloader doesn't like for some reason.

If someone knows a free and permanent direct download host that does not use HTTPS, please let me know and I will sign-up.

Until then, I am hosting on dropbox which requires HTTPS. It's possible that Taaki or another team member can fix the downloader

to use HTTPS. Until then, manually download these missions by visiting the Missions page and place them in your FM folder.

Please visit TDM's IndieDB site and help promote the mod:

http://www.indiedb.com/mods/the-dark-mod

(Yeah, shameless promotion... but traffic is traffic folks...)

• 1 month later...

I'm having the same problem with Lich Queen's Demise and Not an Ordinary Guest. I was able to download both these missions from the website, but not through the in-game menu. The reason that I would like to be able to download them in game, is so that I can know when an update is available and be able to update it easily in game. Does anyone know the exact names of the folders that the pk4s go into for these two missions? I think that if I name the folders within the fms folder properly, it will be the same as if I downloaded them in-game. Am I making any sense? :blink:

Edited by SirGen