The Dark Mod Forums

do I need doom3 for dark radiant

c0mputer-fr0d

In Game Settings:

Select a Game dropdown, "doom 3"

Set path to where your darkmod folder is (parent folder).

Set "mod" to "darkmod".

"mod base" is blank.

Then your media textures should be there, and everything else.

"The measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he never would be found out."

- Baron Thomas Babington Macauley

Look this thread over, you might find something that solves your issue:

http://forums.thedarkmod.com/topic/15152-new-dr-folder-settings-for-tdm-20/

Please visit TDM's IndieDB site and help promote the mod:

http://www.indiedb.com/mods/the-dark-mod

(Yeah, shameless promotion... but traffic is traffic folks...)

no dice on that method. I tried that before , it just scrubs the path out after I press ok.

Yes, it does that, well, not really, it uses the info (you see textures/everything), but if you go back into preferences, it loses the path and has to be reset each time.

There have been other threads about that issue, but it's not lost until you go back into Prefs, which you really don't do once it's all set up how you want it, but a pain in the rear when you first start using it and are changing prefs frequently.

To put it another way, it doesn't "scrub the path out after pressing ok" as much as it scrubs the path out when you call up the preferences window next time, but keeps the path and uses it internally in the meantime.

(You can tell the difference, because everything turns into "not found" if you click OK with the path blank.)

"The measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he never would be found out."

- Baron Thomas Babington Macauley