The Dark Mod Forums

Google Search Censoring "Cheeseburger Stew"

Kurshok

Anyone noticed this? I tried to find a recipe for a stew I could make in a crockpot, using only ingredients from cheeseburgers, as a fun cooking thing. But it redirects me only to "Cheeseburger Soup". Now, there IS a difference between soup and stew, and it just seems odd this is a thing Google is doing. Is it a bug of some sort? The Cheeseburger Soup looked okay, but too liquidy. I'd prefer a stew, which I think would be more like a sauce from cooking it over time.

I don't use Google, I prefer the AI powered Andisearch (FOSS and 100% privacy and anonymo focused). In the results in the first two results also show Cheeseburger Soup, but also in the third Cheeseburger Stew

https://www.bariatricfoodcoach.com/cheeseburger-stew/

Andi is very new and still in alpha, but works fine, it don't show up a lot results, but most relevant results, because "understand" the concept of your searches.

https://andisearch.com

Google is a good search engine, but lacks privacy and include the filter bubble effect, because of this it's better to use a privacy focused search engine, which don't log the search history.

Good alternatives, apart from Andi, are Whoogle and Startpage, which also use the Google search engine, but without its telemetries

Other are Metager, a German search engine, strict privacy focused (EU Norm), Peekier, a diference of others, shows thumbnails of the pages, , Ecosia and Lilo, nice search engines, which finance reforestations and charity orgs of your chose with your searches.

In general, it is currently advisable to use several search engines, since there is a growing amount of fake news and various rubbish on the Internet, which requires being able to compare information, which large companies, such as Google and M$ (Bing) many times they offer in an interested way, both for economic and political reasons. That is, it requires a search through neutral services such as those mentioned.

These are which I use

pVjJteQ.png

Edited by Zerg Rush

Sys Specs Laptop Lenovo V145 15AST, AMD A9- 9425 Radeon R5 - 5 cores 3,1 GHz  RAM 8Gb, GPU 1+2 Gb -Win10 64 v21H2

Favorite online apps you may like too 😉

This has nothing to do with "censorship". Google is auto-correcting "stew" to "soup" because the words are similar in meaning and there are many more hits for soup than stew, so Google assumes this is what you really meant. Google ceased to be a pure text-string search engine many years ago, and now takes into account meanings, associations and other higher-level concepts.

If you want to search for something literally, you can put it in quotes. In this case there are many hits for "cheeseburger stew".

https://www.google.com/search?q="cheeseburger+stew"

• Like 4