The Dark Mod Forums

File Coffee

Zerg Rush

Some time ago I was looking for a good app to share files, since I wanted to become independent from the famous Imgur, which I find with so many trackers and privacy problems not at all reliable. In Windows I use ShareX, which is perhaps one of the best screen recorders with a huge amount of functions and tools, but it also uses Imgur as an image sharer by default, but allows you to change it. At first I replaced it with vgy.me., an excellent imagehost and sharer, with good privacy, although only limited to images.
But a few months ago I found File Coffee, which can be called the definitive solution, because it allows you to host and share any type of file, be it images, documents presentations, texts, multimedia, videos of any extension, it is 100% free, encrypted and private (Made in EU, GDPR norm) safe, blazing fast and stable.
It admits without registration 15 Mb per file, with free registration, 30 Mb, being able to control the uploaded files. With this you can forget DropBox, GDrive, Imgur and a lot of other solutions, well, except for PK4 bigger than 30Mb. The best, it also had a own config app for ShareX, which with one click make all the needed settings in ShareX to be used in this tool.

lKNpz7pE9PkHxBy_qSKWa.png

0IeAVjUecifD5jDXALYYc.png

Screenshots linked with filecoffee, given image, multimedia and video links can be inserted or, in case of document's or other, they open in a new tab and can be downloaded from there.

Edited by Zerg Rush
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Sys Specs Laptop Lenovo V145 15AST, AMD A9- 9425 Radeon R5 - 5 cores 3,1 GHz  RAM 8Gb, GPU 1+2 Gb -Win10 64 v21H2

Favorite online apps you may like too 😉

• 1 month later...

i used to strolling around the r/privacy subreddit from 2018 til 2021 and i still remember the recommendation on file sharing providers & techniques i received from many folks on that sub. Some folks on HN YCombinator forum shared the similar opinion as well . Someone on that sub suggested me to encrypt the file with cryptomator or boxcryptor beforehand and then upload it to google drive,onedrive, dropbox,etc(if you decided to use tech giant's file sharing provider) and the other suggested me to use cloud storage provider like private nextcloud, nextcloud disroot, wormhole app , onionshare, send(dot)tresorit(dot)com or go self host your cloud provider. I'd say that sub and forum is great for privacy minded person. I used to have extreme paranoia when it comes to privacy but i am quite lax now

Bear in mind that those providers don't have official support/integration for shareX

Edited by taffernicus
minor edit

hex-237553415B315D3741

On 9/25/2023 at 10:48 AM, taffernicus said:

i used to strolling around the r/privacy subreddit from 2018 til 2021 and i still remember the recommendation on file sharing providers & techniques i received from many folks on that sub. Some folks on HN YCombinator forum shared the similar opinion as well . Someone on that sub suggested me to encrypt the file with cryptomator or boxcryptor beforehand and then upload it to google drive,onedrive, dropbox,etc(if you decided to use tech giant's file sharing provider) and the other suggested me to use cloud storage provider like private nextcloud, nextcloud disroot, wormhole app , onionshare, send(dot)tresorit(dot)com or go self host your cloud provider. I'd say that sub and forum is great for privacy minded person. I used to have extreme paranoia when it comes to privacy but i am quite lax now

Bear in mind that those providers don't have official support/integration for shareX

FileCoffee also offers integration for MagicCap in Linux and Mac, but MagicCap don't have an Browser extension like ShareX, which permit to upload and share files with the right click in a page, like ShareX do.

In MagicCap you mut do it, using first the Screenshot to upload the file, apart, like vgy.me, only accept image/gif formats

EeIZkbtGMQuRyM-vqcPgb.png

Edited by Zerg Rush

Sys Specs Laptop Lenovo V145 15AST, AMD A9- 9425 Radeon R5 - 5 cores 3,1 GHz  RAM 8Gb, GPU 1+2 Gb -Win10 64 v21H2

Favorite online apps you may like too 😉

i used to use sftp back when i still had my own thing going with the TDM gcc compilers to upload builds to sourceforge.

sftp is considerably more secure than than plain ftp while still using much the same mechanism.

there is also rsync though it has other uses as well.