The Dark Mod Forums

_atti_'s Models

_Atti_

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks really good. We might want a more polished-looking skin as well for mansions and the like.

I'm going to move the model, btw. It should be in furniture (with bookshelves), not in containers.

Looks good! :) Is the floor also from you or did we already create that?

Thank you and yes, the floor is mine.

looks good,

did you edit the uwv? if not we could still use the first one as a skin along with that one.

Nah, I had to redo it all. Sorry.

So here's the re-textured one and one with a new polished-looking skin.

winerack24ht.jpg

winerack0ul.jpg

I uploaded a PK4 called "winerackGlee.pk4" with all the files to our FTP server - you can find it in the TheDarkMod/Models/ directory.

Did you include both versions? I think both look good. One for a more rundown cellar, or some cheap inn, and the other for a mansion.

the floor also looks quite nice. :)

Thank you, sparhawk!

Yes, I included both versions (made my first working "skin" for that, btw).

The floor is nothing special really, but I'll gladly contribute it.

Very nice, both of them. Glad to see someone besides me making skins! ;)

uploaded a PK4 called "winerackGlee.pk4" with all the files to our FTP server -

I'll add it tonight if no one beats me to it.

Atti, when I look at the texture for your rusticchair, I get this:

rusticchair_d.jpg

(the white shows as transparent as a .tga)

The normal-map looks the same. In the editor the chair looks fairly normal, though the texture looks quite low-res. What's the deal with the texture file?

I was just using Photoshop. Maybe the file was corrupted or something. I'll try downloading it again.

Nope, I updated those files and opened them and got the same thing. The normal looks just the same, except that the lines are blue instead of brown. WTF?

does it look like it should ingame? but like that in photoshop? did you check if your ps loads other textures fine?

It does look like it should ingame, but when I open the texture files they look like that. I was going to see if I could spruce them up a bit, since they look pretty low-res in game. I've done a lot of stuff with skins and never seen anything like that before.

• 3 weeks later...

I found a nice image so i thought of making a skin for the gaslight

The pattern doesnt really tile but i still find it fairly decorative so if you think i may look into how i could turn this into a working skin?

atgasskinfm4.th.jpg

Spring: did you check the textures since i resaved/reuploaded them? i think they wasnt up yet the time you wrote that last post

atsaltpotie2.th.jpg

a silver saltpot( i'll make it a bit brighter)

also shows a better pic of the crude candlestickholder.

Is it possible to delete files from cvs/for me/? and if yes then how is it done? i cant move it to lights without knowing that. Also the diffuse could be deleted cause now it uses the diffuse of the metal bucket :)

That candlestick holder looks much better. To remove files from CVS, you just select them and click "Remove" from the same dropdown window you use to add them. You have to 'comit' them afterwards to finalize the change, like normal.