The Dark Mod Forums

New Request -- Lightgem Skin

Sparhawk would really like to get the lightgem into the game so he can begin coding it. Now that we have the model, can I get someone to volunteer to UV map and/or skin it? I don't think the skin needs to be very complex...it almost looks good enough without one, frankly.

Ok, I imported it into blender,  but it'd be cool if oofnish could send me his gem texture.

I think it looked quite cool:

Before you start serious skinning make sure the size is correct. :)

Edited by sparhawk

Gerhard

Hell, do we even NEED to skin it? The metal parts look pretty good just like that. And the gem is going to be done by a 2d texture anyway, isn't it?

Hell, do we even NEED to skin it? The metal parts look pretty good just like that. And the gem is going to be done by a 2d texture anyway, isn't it?

It will not be rendered if it is not skinned. It's not like in the modelling app that you can leave the default shading if it suits you. The model will just be pitch black if you import it just like this. The reason being because the modelling apps usually have a default shader applied which gives this grey look, but there is no such thing in D3.

Gerhard

I don't have a texture file for the thing, If I did I don't think we'd need to skin it :)

The textures are all procedural and are stored in the object file. If you can't get to them that way, let me know, I'll see what I can do about rendering the materials to a texture or something that I can pass on to you.