The Dark Mod Forums

Puzzle - what do these words have in common?

Komag

I was flipping channels and I turned on Family Feud, where the contestants try to guess the popular answers to real surveys.

It was the end of the round, and the answers were:

Water - 50

Ice Cream - 11

Bread - 10

and then they flipped the final answer:

Nipples - 10

(It doesn't have to add up to 100, but those were just the top answers)

I never heard what the question was, so what was it? Keep in mind that "Water" was far and away the most popular answer. But after wracking my brain for a half hour, everything I think of just doesn't fit with all the answers. I thought of "things that are better when cold", but that doesn't fit with bread. I thought of lots of other things, but nothing works for them all.

(and "Nipples" definitely referred to the popular tit bits, as per the reactions of all the players and the host)

shadowdark50.gif keep50.gif

More like things that get hardened when they get cold.

It makes sense when you come from a family, like mine, that kept bread in the fridge or freezer to keep it fresh, but it also hardened it.

Edited by demagogue

What do you see when you turn out the light? I can't tell you but I know that it's mine.

But if were asked the question "Name something that gets hardened when cold", answering "water" makes sense, but you really come up with "bread"? Maybe. It seems to be the best answer so far

shadowdark50.gif keep50.gif

Really, you have to come from a family that regularly puts their bread in the freezer as soon as they buy it. And then it's so obvious, you can't eat it while it's frozen because it's too hard. You have to take it out and let it soften up before you can eat it. So for those kinds of people, it's one of the first things they'll think about because they can't eat bread without thinking about it.

But if you don't do that, then it probably never even occurs to you.

Edited by demagogue

What do you see when you turn out the light? I can't tell you but I know that it's mine.

I think they get the answers by polling people, either on the street or the audience.

I do think they add up to a hundred, although it hardly matters.

Most likely 50% of people would answer water to that question.

I can see 10% of people saying bread, I wouldn't have thought of that, but we never froze bread (well, the ladies would freeze banana, zuchinni, ect... breads they make)

What I want to know is how demegogue came up with that question so fast? It probably is correct, the bread threw me though.

Dark is the sway that mows like a harvest

Is there any way we can find out...a family feud forum or something? It's bugging me. :)