The Dark Mod Forums

Comment And Question

Hylix Ulyx

First I'd like to say that I think this Mod will kick 247 different types of ass. Not only because it's latent Ass-Kickery is fairly apparent I think to all, but because it isn't just one guy with a good idea and a cool website, but a bunch of talented So-and-So's with a clear vision and perspective. Granted, you're getting praise from a guy you don't know with no obvious credentials, but I'm your biggest fan nonetheless. So take it in the spirit it's given...if you will.

Anyway, I have but one pointless question for the developers of this fine mod (pointless because it's answer will not effect my playing said mod in the least):

Will you be able to implement foward leaning?

I have no idea if the engine will support it, and with the inclusion of rope arrows and swimmable water, leaning forward is the least of my concerns. But I'd still like to know.

Thanks,

HU

First I'd like to say that I think this Mod will kick 247 different types of ass.  Not only because it's latent Ass-Kickery is fairly apparent I think to all, but because it isn't just one guy with a good idea and a cool website, but a bunch of talented So-and-So's with a clear vision and perspective.

Thanks for your praise, it is really appreciated. :) And you are right. This team is is not just an would-be amateur team, it is highly professional and it is really a joy to work with these people. :) We can be really lucky that we managed to get so many talented people together, and in all depertments, so that the high quality should be sustained throught the various a game is made of.

Will you be able to implement foward leaning?

Of course! We planned a lot and leaning is definitely in there. :) No worries.

Gerhard

Hello there :)

Just wanted to sign up and say great work so far, your trailer is very impressive (saw it linked on Doom3world.org) and you seem incredibly focused on what you are doing. Being a big thief fan this is without a doubt my most highly anticipated mod, i cant wait to see what you guys can acheive with the D3 engine.

Keep up the excellent work taffers :ph34r:

edit: sorry for jumping in on the thread btw, but i figure you dont need a new praise thread for every new member

Edited by NatureBoy

edit: sorry for jumping in on the thread btw, but i figure you dont need a new praise thread for every new member

Anybody got a problem with that?

*listening*

*silence*

No?

You see? No problem with many praise threads. ;)

Thanks! It is always nice and even more motivating to hear that. :)

Gerhard

Hi there. Just wanting to add my praises, especially for the trailer-makers.

Was wondering, if it is possible to implement (or atleast leave open for someone else to) multiplayer -possibility, like Thievery UT? If nothing else, I'd like to test myself against someone elses skills in thieving 101.

Byes! See you soon!

Just the leave the possibility to extend open; who knows if someone will want to do it later?

I think LAN is a better option here (or another type of closed session).

By the by, which one was responsible for the music, and which one the visuals? (unless my eyes missed it again)

Just the leave the possibility to extend open; who knows if someone will want to do it later?

I think LAN is a better option here (or another type of closed session).

By the by, which one was responsible for the music, and which one the visuals? (unless my eyes missed it again)

We won't be supporting multiplayer as it is currently the focus of the Night Blade Mod, another Thief style game. I'm sure fan mission authors could mod our tools once released and modify it to be balanced as a multiplayer though. As it stands now though, we are balancing the editing tools for classic single player missions.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest Guest_Venus

Ditto from me...

When I heard about this mod, I just about melted with desire for it... I can't tell you how much I want to play and map for it...

Many ppl seem to fear that D3 mods will not be completed, since many have failed... but I have to say, reading your forum, looking at ur screenies, and trailer, talking with Dram, has shown me you guys are very serious about this... I think your choice of D3 and Thief are a perfect match.

All power to you guys, god I hope you finish it :)

Question: Would any implementation be made in the mod to make use of the D3 PDA? Obviously no thief would have a PDA... but as a mapper, I was thinking, it could be a useful tool to have maps/scrolls on... but instead of a PDA, have it as a binder.. or something... I'm sure alot of ppl would hate this... just curious... I couldn't care if its added or not... but be a neat feature for a mapper to be able to implement.