The Dark Mod Forums

New mission SolarEscape

Tr00pertj

Thanks to Springheel for pointing me in the right direction.

I Have A very small mission I made following Fidcals tutorial and tips from some of the members here.

Hoping someone will betatest it and give me some feed back but remember i have a dalicate temperiment and i need some objective and constructive input as to what the hell I`m doing.

Anyone want to waste 10 mins on a first mission please let me know and I`ll upload to you.

Laptop:Metabox P370SM3- Intel Core i7-4800MQ- 2x GTX780M SLI- 16G 1600Mhz- 500G Samsung mSata-1TB Hitachi HDD- 120Hz LG 1080p.Desktops:i75930k-2x GTX980 SLI-16G 2133Mhz-Evo120GSSD-Swift PG278Q1440p Gsync.Spare:AMD A10-7850K-APU-8G 1866Mhz-seagate 4TB-120G ssd. LoL Old:P75-1:1FSB-8M ram 512MB Maxtor HDD-1MB Cirrus Logic video chip-still got the parts somewhere?First PC-Tandy 512K Color computer.

I'm a newbie mapper too but hey i'll give it a try if you want :)

Sorry guy`s it`s been a long week.

Iv`e got the mission at a reasonable performance level but I`m having a major issue with it crashing the first time it`s run in TDM.

If I start TDM back up and start the mission it boots in to the game but the first time every time it crashes TDM?

Any Ideas.

Edited by Tr00pertj

Laptop:Metabox P370SM3- Intel Core i7-4800MQ- 2x GTX780M SLI- 16G 1600Mhz- 500G Samsung mSata-1TB Hitachi HDD- 120Hz LG 1080p.Desktops:i75930k-2x GTX980 SLI-16G 2133Mhz-Evo120GSSD-Swift PG278Q1440p Gsync.Spare:AMD A10-7850K-APU-8G 1866Mhz-seagate 4TB-120G ssd. LoL Old:P75-1:1FSB-8M ram 512MB Maxtor HDD-1MB Cirrus Logic video chip-still got the parts somewhere?First PC-Tandy 512K Color computer.

If you're still looking for beta testers I'm available for it now.

As to your issue, I guess with TDM crashing its hard to get a condump. Maybe delete your .cm file and dmap again and condump after dmapping again and look for anything suspicious or post a link to the condump download here.

There may be a way prior to launching the game to @echo all console info to a textfile in your autoexec.cfg though I'm not familiar with it. Barring that, dmap again and look for suspects.

If you're not familiar with that process, after dmapping just type "condump <yourfilenamehere>" (without the quotes and with your own filename and no greater than/less than characters) and the engine will pipe the console output in to a text file that we can browse. Not sure if that will help but that's where I'd start and I'm inexperienced. :)

EDIT: Tr00per, your PM that explained typing "Logfile 2" in the console works to create a log while loading the game, Thanks!

Edited by Lux

Lux I`m new to all this so I`m a bit confused as to what I should do but you can use this thread as I`m always checking it if you have some bug to report.

Add: I think with the help of Springheel we may have found the cause of the crashing. It looks like there is a bug in some fence models in TDM 1.08. The models are:

models/darkmod/architecture/fencing/fence_spike_01_tall_2_segments.ase

models/darkmod/architecture/fencing/fence_spike_01_tall_4_segments.ase

I`m either going to wait\get 2.0 or else replace offending models.

I`m either going to wait\get 2.0 or else replace offending models.

Send Bikerdude a PM. He replaced the bad models in 2.0, and I've tested them, seeing no crashes. Perhaps he can let you have an advance copy you can include in your mission pk4.

Thanks greyman

I will PM him. So there was a bug in them models then?

Any one wish to beta test my mission.

It`s a small mission and my first so I really just need the advice and recommendations that I`m going in the right direction and it will be final so I can move on to something a little more challenging.

Tr00pertj: Sure, why not?

Come the time of peril, did the ground gape, and did the dead rest unquiet 'gainst us. Our bands of iron and hammers of stone prevailed not, and some did doubt the Builder's plan. But the seals held strong, and the few did triumph, and the doubters were lain into the foundations of the new sanctum. -- Collected letters of the Smith-in-Exile, Civitas Approved

I`m having a problem with an objective.

I have set objective 6 not visible (unchecked the visible radio box) in edit objectives. Then I put a condition of if objective 1 in mission 1 is in state complete make objective 6 visible.

The problem is objective 6 does not appear in the mission objectives page?

As far as I know, What I have done should work but no doubt I forgot something again. :wacko:

Congrats on the release!

A small glitch with the Ingame-Downloader:

if you install it from within TDM, the pk4 will be downloaded as solarescape1_pk4.pk4

And any successive visit to the downloader will show it as 'Availlable for download' over and over again.

A similar problem was fixed by correcting the name of the mission on the server (according to the rules Tels has stated there).

tdm_missioninfo solarescape1.pk4

{

"downloaded_version" "1"

}

tdm_missioninfo solarescape1_pk4

{

}

EDIT : a note regarding the fence surrounding the balcony above the start point.

The fence is penetratable. Maybe there is still a problem with a model?

I am playing the updated version, but the older one seems to have the same issue as well.

In the garden, climb onto the giant holy symbol and jump towards the fenced balcony.

Then crouch and move around to left - and you make your way right through the fence.

Edited by gnartsch

EDIT : a note regarding the fence surrounding the balcony above the start point.

The fence is penetratable. Maybe there is still a problem with a model?

I am playing the updated version, but the older one seems to have the same issue as well.

In the garden, climb onto the giant holy symbol and jump towards the fenced balcony.

Then crouch and move around to left - and you make your way right through the fence.

I tried like hell to get through that while beta testing (though it wasn't the 2.0 fence at the time). Where did you get through, on the garden/corridor facing edge?

Edited by Lux

Both the old and new fence behave the same.

As I said, simply jump from the holy symbol to the fence.

Then crouch and move about 2 feet to the left ... and there you can pass through (while being crouched).

Once inside, you can find more spots here and there that allow you to get out through the fence again, which means that not the entire fence is lacking a solid structure.

But it would be easier to take the secret entrance and see where you can crouch out again.

However I had found that entrance LOOONG after posting the previous post.

Edited by gnartsch

hmm, I both rope arrowed up and jumped off the statue and could not find a way through the fence. I don't know if I was crouched though. I was standing I believe, trying to jump through the gap or mantle it. I guess I'll try it again. :)

Edited by Lux