The Dark Mod Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Bikerdude

Fan Mission: Business as usual by b1k3rdude (14/01/2010) Christmas FM Contest Entry

The original version of my first ever map and came 3rd in the first even tdm mapping contest, however the work of art you see now has undergone 3 overhauls since then. The core idea was always to build a simple but effective city map, and I think the ciurrent version does that :-)

What places have you found so far, as Im betting you havent found everything.

Well I started in my house, then broke into my neighbor's at the second floor (which leads to a small balcony), and afterward got to the tavern (my favorite place) including its attic and the small garden behind it. Overall I went into all the obvious buildings: The tower, which has a metal hatch that leads to a small outside area secured by fences. The hotel patrolled by the guard, including its attic and all rooms. And of course the sewer segment. Not sure what that outpost at the end was... where a guy sits behind a metal grate window in a small room.

• Well I started in my house,
  • then broke into my neighbor's at the second floor (which leads to a small balcony),
  • and afterward got to the tavern (my favorite place) including its attic and the small garden behind it.
  • The tower, which has a metal hatch that leads to a small outside area secured by fences.
  • The hotel patrolled by the guard, including its attic and all rooms.
  • And of course the sewer segment. Not sure what that outpost at the end was... where a guy sits behind a metal grate window in a small room.

Well there a few more places that you have to find then -

• the thiefs hideout in the sewers
  • a small room high above the tavern.
  • The buildings across from the hotel.
  • The wine shop behind the hotel, you cant gain access at street level.
  • and a small guard room high up, hint think patrolling archer

• Sorry... I did find the thief's hideout in the sewers. It was necessary to complete an objective IIRC.
  • I also found the attic of the tavern, not sure if that's what you meant.
  • Not certain which buildings across the hotel, I might or might have not found these.
  • I don't remember the wine shop, so possibly one I missed.
  • Probably didn't find the guard room either.

• You can miss the building, its on the opposite side to the wine shop (the one with the custom sign above the front door)
  • Look around the sewers a bit more...
  • look up and look for a way to climb, this applies to the guard room and the small room near the tavern.