The Dark Mod Forums

DarkRadiant

Bikerdude

Afternoon

On Jdude's suggestion I am starting a thread for suggestions and requests for feature to be added or amended in DarkRadiant. Please keep your post simple and to the point and the use of screen shots is encouraged (but please keep the resolution down to 1024*768 and attach directly to your post.)

I will amend this post as necessary.

Edited by greebo
it's DarkRadiant - no e's involved ;)

Texture tool:

• Have a button on the TT window that locks/unlocks a given texture in-place when rotating or flipping a texture.
  • Have a 'marker on a given texture when in TT so that one can see the orientation at a glance.

in-DR

• Have a texture mirror button that works when you place a dividing line across a texture. Please see the attached screenshot to see what I mean.

post-496-127368092173_thumb.jpg

When I click Add Property for a new spawnarg it would be useful if the window that pops up remembers the size and position you had it last time. Its default size is currently too small for all of the scrolling needed.

When working with a texture on a brush face in the Surface Inspector, I can type in the scales, shifts, and rotation.

When working with a patch, however, I can do none of these things.

They're both faces. I ought to be able to work with them the same way.

So an enhancement would be to enable those fields when working with a patch.

Thanks.

When working with a texture on a brush face in the Surface Inspector, I can type in the scales, shifts, and rotation. When working with a patch, however, I can do none of these things.

They're both faces. I ought to be able to work with them the same way.

No, patches are not faces. Faces are constructed by a single, perfectly flat plane, whereas patches are tesselated and consist of many quads/triangles. Also, each patch control vertex can have its own set of arbitrary UV coordinates, whereas with faces the UV coordinates of the vertices are mathematically related in a rigid way. There is no "scale" or "rotation" for patches, unless in very special cases.

Mouse scrolling:

What would be extremely helpful and assuming its possible, is for the mouse scrolling to have fine movements when the scroll wheel is only moved a little and then for it to scroll a lot when the wheel is moved a lot...

And DR seems to of the exact bloody OPPOSITE of this... aaarrgghh, the faster I scroll the less movement in DR I get...

1. when Im doing fine details I move the wheel one click I would like DR to do the same.

2. when I scroll fast I would like Dr to do 40+ each time..

is this possible to implement..?

Edited by Bikerdude

I don't think there is anything to override as far as scroll speed. Scrolling really fast and not getting as much response as you want to happens in a lot of programs and I don't think DR is actually "decelerating" it or anything.

shadowdark50.gif keep50.gif