The Dark Mod Forums

2006 Football World Cup!

Macsen

I live in a somewhat Brazillian neighborhood of Framingham, MA, and needless to say there have been a lot of cars honking around with guys singing songs and stuff today!

shadowdark50.gif keep50.gif

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Soccer and Football, have the same origin. :) They only split up after the rules were tightened and some teams didn't like them.

American football is a variation on rugby. Why they call the american version 'football' I have no idea...

Fucking Czech Republic........Being too cocky and lost to Ghana.....I feel ashamed.....

Good victory to Ghana for sure though, congrats to them...but Czechs.....ugh.....

I'm pretty shocked the Czechs our out of the tourney this early. USA was too easy for them and I guess they couldn't handle Ghana's running game. Nor could USA. Ghana is a country in civil war right now. I'm happy for Ghana. Sad for the checks, and dissapointed at USA.

You sound angry, sorry if I angered you somehow.

I do? Sorry didn't mean to come off angry, just matter-of-fact :)

Then again maybe I am. The Czech's killed my mama :P

Edited by Vadrosaul
Loose BOWELS are the first sign of THE CHOLERA MORBUS!

Well welcome to the club Dram. Costa Rica my home country got schooled once again. We left with 3 goals to our name though. 2 vs Germany. One thing Costa Rica needs to do is focus more on the world selection and less on the minor leagues. We need better players and more team work within them. See the problem is almost all of our players are stars in the minor leagues thus they don't get much game time with each other. That's just my analysis

The captain of the team said in fifa website pharaphrased "If Costa Rica wants to better it's soccer it needs to change it's soccer mentality." Something along those lines. Basically everyone knows Costa Rica can advance to quater finals.(We did it in 1990) The problem is that not enough people are doing enough to get us a great enough team to get there.

Anyway what I did was pick three teams at the start of the tourney. That way I wouldn't be dissapointed. Then I sorta got on the Ghana side after seeing the goal keepers attitude. He's looking for a job out there.(As he said on a tv interview) He dosen't go to have fun, he goes to show he can play. (Which he has done so and proven to be one of the best keepers there)

So right now i'm 100% behind Ghana. I liked Italy but after seeing their still cry babies after every minor scuffle I just shake my head. But hey I know they are feeling alot of pressure out there so maybe it's getting to em.

Way to go for Ronaldo i'm glad he scored 2 goals. Feel bad for the Japs but hey Australia finally made it to the second round nice.

All in all though soccer is about bringing people together and experiencing the goals. Win or lose there is always the next world cup!

:( You serious? What happened? WW2?

I'm being facetious. That's what the smiley is for :D

There was a good joke on Letterman or Leno (not sure which, I was flipping between the two) where they asked the American public what they thought of the loss in soccer to Ghana, and most replied "What's soccer?" & "What's Ghana?"

Loose BOWELS are the first sign of THE CHOLERA MORBUS!

they will probably like they always did these past games. In the first 45 minutes, they will play as if they were seeing the football for the first time in their live, and then, when Sweden got tired they will score their chance goal winning 2:1 probably.

Gerhard