The Dark Mod Forums

Getting Ready For Ibp 2.1

modetwo

The title graphic is larger than the original file size at the moment...it's stretched to avoid the black bars on either side.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The title graphic is larger than the original file size at the moment...it's stretched to avoid the black bars on either side.

True that, but I think he meant the height actually. It's over double the size of the default IPB logo.

Can't we get some pretty artwork? Would be cool to make something that doesn't leave black bars on the sides of the image when the liquid style is being used - and something that isn't as high as the current image.

~m2

How do you tell which threads you've read already? And what do the different keyhole types signify?

Well, depends if the envelope is lit (f_norm.gif) or not (f_norm_no.gif). Just as how it works on every other forum.

Now, if all threads are marked as unread for you, you can just use the "Mark all posts read" link at the bottom of the index. This will mark all threads as read, and only new posts/threads will be marked as new.

The square keyholes reprecent a forum, and the circle keyholes reprecent subforums.

~m2

Would be cool to make something that doesn't leave black bars on the sides of the image when the liquid style is being used - and something that isn't as high as the current image.

Here are two possibilities. Both are meant to be right-aligned atop a black background.

banner1.jpg

banner2.jpg

(although this one would work centered as well)

Centered is probably better, otherwise it would look odd at higher resolutions.

You should use the one with the building in it. The current one looks like indiscriminate shapes with a candles in the middle. IF it was animated it would be better.

Civillisation will not attain perfection until the last stone, from the last church, falls on the last priest.

- Emil Zola

character models site

Just as an example of what oDDity was saying, here's a 171KB .AVI sample (much smaller than my 7MB one yesterday) of a flickering candle New CandleFlicker AVI

I have no idea why After Effects thinks an orange glowing light would make things turn green, but oh well. Just practice anyways. Maybe someone else with more AE 'skillz' can make a good quality animated GIF within a reasonable file size.

Okay - much smaller version (171KB) of the SAME animation. No need to download if you already saw the 7MB whopper yesterday:

New Candle Flicker

I'm still messing around with it. Even if a .SWF version of it or something else will never be used, I'm having fun anyways. I realize the flicker may be too 'violent' or distracting if it were to be used on a web page. Maybe the next draft should have a more subtle flicker.