The Dark Mod Forums

Oszkár's questions.

Oszkár Winkler

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It won't be a wall. It'll be an object of some type rather than a wall but merely appears to be a wall, as it would have to share the same texture. I'm just learning the basics of DR so I can't give you a definitive answer though.

Ha! So what if I am, huh? Anyways, I work better when I'm drunk. It makes me fearless! If I see a bad guy, I'll just point my sword at him. And saaaaaay "HEY! Bad guy! You're not s'pposed to be here! Go home or I'll stick you with my sword...'til you go...'Ouch I'm dead!' Ahahahah (hic) See? Ain't no one gonna be messin with old Benny."

It won't be a wall. It'll be an object of some type rather than a wall but merely appears to be a wall, as it would have to share the same texture. I'm just learning the basics of DR so I can't give you a definitive answer though.

I know that, but if I use an object and give it a spawnarg called "health" "20", that won't do anything... :blink:

Winkler Studio: youtube.com/user/woszkar

Here's what I did:

post-2515-125641120344_thumb.jpg

Those wall segments? func_damagable's.

Those blue boxes? func_remove's.

func_damagable_3 targets func_remove_3.

func_remove_3 targets func_damagable_3.

I gave my func_damageable-s "health" "25" so a single sword hit will destroy one of them.

Just a warning: this setup doesn't spawn gibs. We have wooden gib models, but I was too lazy to set up that part.

yay seuss crease touss dome in ouss nose tair

I put a breakable wall in one of my FMs 6 months ago. I'll see if I can rescue the map file and I'll take a look.

Could you post me that map file if you can rescue it, please? I'm a beginner with DR, so any help comes handy. Thank you! :)

Szia!

Mi a véleményed a tanuló pályáról?

Endre

Szia!

Nahát, nem is gondoltam volna, hogy magyar szavakat is fogok olvasni ezen a fórumon. :) Csak nem a fejlesztők egyike vagy? Amúgy szerintem igazán kellemesre sikerült a tanuló pálya. A fényerő beállítás részleg pedig kifejezetten hasznos.

Egy hatalmas kiegészítőlemezen kezdtem el munkálkodni. Már minden ki van találva, meg van írva (történet, karakterek, pályatervek, stb.) és itt teszem fel a kérdéseimet a srácoknak. Ők megválaszolják, én meg beépítem a küldetésekbe az egyes elemeket. :laugh:

És nálad mi a helyzet?

Nahát, nem is gondoltam volna, hogy magyar szavakat is fogok olvasni ezen a fórumon. :)

Érhetnek még meglepetések. ;)

How can I resize a model?

I am also curious about this. Rotate/scale does not allow me to do it.

Edited by Melan

Come the time of peril, did the ground gape, and did the dead rest unquiet 'gainst us. Our bands of iron and hammers of stone prevailed not, and some did doubt the Builder's plan. But the seals held strong, and the few did triumph, and the doubters were lain into the foundations of the new sanctum. -- Collected letters of the Smith-in-Exile, Civitas Approved

Is it possible to add more editing points to a brush without using the clipper or patches? For example: There is a cube (8 editing points) and I add one more editing point to it. Editing point = verticle

Edited by Oszkár Winkler

No, there's no way to do that, and it wouldn't make much sense from a technical point of view. Brushes consist of faces, which are nothing else than sections of mathematical planes. Each intersection of that face with another one of the same brush gives you a control point, hence you have a set of corner vertices and the edges to grab. Additional points won't give you any more control, they just belong to the same plane.

Also, these planes are totally "rigid", so you cannot bend them. That in combination with the fact that brushes need to be convex is why they seem to behave oddly when their vertices are being dragged around.

No, there's no way to do that, and it wouldn't make much sense from a technical point of view. Brushes consist of faces, which are nothing else than sections of mathematical planes. Each intersection of that face with another one of the same brush gives you a control point, hence you have a set of corner vertices and the edges to grab. Additional points won't give you any more control, they just belong to the same plane.

Also, these planes are totally "rigid", so you cannot bend them. That in combination with the fact that brushes need to be convex is why they seem to behave oddly when their vertices are being dragged around.

Hm... I guess I understand what you are saying. What about connecting brushes with each other? I split a cube with clipper into 8 different pieces than I reconnect some of them... If the connection remains convex than it is possible right?

Hm... I guess I understand what you are saying. What about connecting brushes with each other? I split a cube with clipper into 8 different pieces than I reconnect some of them... If the connection remains convex than it is possible right?

Yes, but the faces must be matching pretty exactly. Use the "CSG Merge" command to join brush pieces together again.

That can sometimes be very tricky. So much depends on which exact textures and the angles of the bevels and nearby brushes. Often a "MMB copy" on a nearby brush's flat surface and then a "Shift-MMB paste" onto the patch will give good results, depending on the surface plane/angle of the brush and the patch. Then, for the finest control (such as when parts are still wrongly stretched or distorted), you will want to learn the "texture tool" and drag around the verticies to see how they affect the texture layout on the patch. For this I recommend placing the texture tool window off to the side of the 3D window so you can see in real time how it is affected.

shadowdark50.gif keep50.gif

That can sometimes be very tricky. So much depends on which exact textures and the angles of the bevels and nearby brushes. Often a "MMB copy" on a nearby brush's flat surface and then a "Shift-MMB paste" onto the patch will give good results, depending on the surface plane/angle of the brush and the patch. Then, for the finest control (such as when parts are still wrongly stretched or distorted), you will want to learn the "texture tool" and drag around the verticies to see how they affect the texture layout on the patch. For this I recommend placing the texture tool window off to the side of the 3D window so you can see in real time how it is affected.

Thanx. :) - Is it possible to use a brush on another brush as a clipper? I could do this in Quark --> saved tons of plus work. - I found a bug in DR. A model's (skull) origin is far away from the object's center.