The Dark Mod Forums

DarkRadiant Pre-Release Testers?

greebo

OK, I've tracked it down a third party program (Actual Window Manager) I use to manage various windows including most of the Dark Radiant ones, size, placement etc., but mostly to roll them up to give me more space. It identifies the main window with substring match of the title bar (window caption) ".map" so now it's finding that in the title bar of the 'already exists' dialog. My guess is that's a recent change? Not your problem though (unless you can put a unique character in the main window title.) I think I can get round it by setting up another control option to id "Save Map:" (I already have one aimed at "Save Map" without the colon. I think the 'save copy as' might be doing the same thing. Any others that now show the map name in the title? The window caption is the only id I can use since they all have the same exe file.

The make room problem I talked about in the linked thread appears also in the lastest (release 5126) version.

Maybe it can be fixed?

Make Room is working for me. Can somebody else confirm that there is a problem?

(The screenshots you posted look quite weird.)

The one quick test I did (in the new test version of DR) I set a large grid size (key 8 I think) and made a small room (can't recall if I made the brush first with a lesser grid size) and two side walls were missing. I suspect they were way off at infinity but I didn't have time to investigate.

If that question is aimed at me then I've not done a fair sample of testing to be sure. As I recall the screenshot in the original query thread showed size 16 which is not that big but maybe it was changed later.

BTW, and this affected my previous version too, the titles for the tabs are mixed up as follows:

Title

Caption

Entity = Entity Inspector

Media = Media Browser

Console = Script

Texture Browser = Console

Script = Texture Browser

I'm being pretty lazy and not checking old versions, but on a pretty small map my memory consumption is rather high, but I dont know if its just the way things are, 460mb minimised seems abnormal tho. Something like photoshop with a good 8 high res textures is around 170mb and other mapping/3d tools I use generally dont go above 200.

But if its always been like that - nothing to worry about :)

BTW, and this affected my previous version too, the titles for the tabs are mixed up as follows:

Title

Caption

Entity = Entity Inspector

Media = Media Browser

Console = Script

Texture Browser = Console

Script = Texture Browser

???

I cannot confirm that. Could this be due to that third-party window manager you're using?

Tracked - but accidentally had an old filter on so there was a previous tracker entry but headed "Inspector title not matching current tab" so may have been taken to mean Entity Inspector - which is actually OK so that got resolved. I think there are two correct and three jumbled.

While I'm there I'll also check out that objectives editor one about not editing the new entity and close it if I can confirm. Fairly sure it's fixed.

Yeah, I can confirm All Entities as having issues.

I also tried(badly) to create a filter for all doorway models, once created it managed to crash DR quite nicely, but I think I had crashes on making entity filters before this.

I think it might be worth expanding the default filters list to include some more common ones, mostly for different clips and that type of thing...

I also tried(badly) to create a filter for all doorway models, once created it managed to crash DR quite nicely, but I think I had crashes on making entity filters before this.

If you can provide steps to reproduce the crash, please add it to the tracker - an application might be allowed to behave oddly, but it should never crash.

Just come across this transparency glitch again - not sure if it was overlooked when I reported it before. It renders all entities behind it as invisible too:

OrbWeaver might know more about that?

Just come across this transparency glitch again - not sure if it was overlooked when I reported it before. It renders all entities behind it as invisible too:

For my money, that's caused by rendering in the wrong order. (Transparent objects must be rendered in back-to-front order, or the frontmost objects will write to the Z buffer while not modifying the colour buffer, thus preventing objects behind them from showing through.)

My games | Public Service Announcement: TDM is not set in the Thief universe. The city in which it takes place is not the City from Thief. The player character is not called Garrett. Any person who contradicts these facts will be subjected to disapproving stares.

@greebo: In the process of merging my xml files forward to the pre-release, I noticed this entry is missing from menu.xml:

<menuItem name="objExport" caption="Save selected as OB_J..." command="BrushExportOBJ" />

Recently there were fixes for the exporting itself, so I'm confused as to if the entry is supposed to be gone from the menu? Also, if I leave it in, and try to use it, a file dialog comes up, but there's no way to save the file.

- 0002006: [Map Editing] OBJ export for patches (greebo) - resolved.

...the entry is supposed to be gone from the menu?

Yes, that entry is supposed to be gone from the XML file. The menu item is now added automatically by the WaveFront exporter plug-in. If the DLL is missing, the menu item will be missing too.

The bug with the file dialog is already fixed in SVN, I ran into that too, it's just not in the pre3 version yet.

Ok, last pre-release version is up for testing. I used this version myself for some Gathers mapping, and it seems to be reasonably stable. I fixed a few little things down the road, but this should be it for the next release.

Please sanity-check the pre4 version mentioned in the first post of this thread, if nothing bad happens the next release is due for the upcoming weekend.