The Dark Mod Forums

Bikerdude: - questions

Bikerdude

• Replies 972
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can you confirm that the body is transparent but the head is normal? Or is the head black? Any error in the console?

What extra file(s) have you got? I just copied over test_spirit.mtr and it works OK. Is that the one you already have? Without it I have an all black figure. Hard to figure out the problem when you have file(s) I don't know about.

the body is transparent and the head is all black, like the shadows revanant.

when you said put the file in the def folder, I assume you mean create a folder in the root of the Darkmod folder called "def" and put the ' rev_spirit_head_tempfix.def ' in there then reload DR and apply the select head etc..

I'm pretty sure there is a specific TDM sub-path for definitions.

I'd have to crack open Pk4's and look for def files to find it again though (took a peek awhile back).

Please visit TDM's IndieDB site and help promote the mod:

http://www.indiedb.com/mods/the-dark-mod

(Yeah, shameless promotion... but traffic is traffic folks...)

Nope.

I stand corrected.

http://wiki.thedarkmod.com/index.php?title=EntityDef

It is darkmod/def as you had stated.

The only think I can think of is that the PK4 is overriding the definition in the root folder. You could create you own pk4 with the def folder inside it and append zzz to the front of it to force override.

Like zzz_BikerDefs.pk4

You don't need that def, delete it. Only the attached material file is needed. Create a folder called materials in the darkmod folder and save this attached file in it. Rename the suffix of the file to .mtr.

If it still doesn't work then it must be the other files you have added.

Note that the sword is not transparent.

@grayman: Do you wish to contribute this to TDM grayman? The skull image works as jpg but cannot show alpha so has a non-transparent border. Have you the original? If not I or someone can convert it later. I think it's also black and white. It could be given a bone-colored ivory hue. We could also make a gold one for loot. If nobody jumps in I'll do this.

@Biker:

Meanwhile save it in guis\assets\hud\inventory_icons\

Create entity > items > custom > atdm:moveable_custom_item

Change properties to:

model models/darkmod/graveyard/bones/skull2.ase

inv_name Jake's skull (whatever you want)

snd_bounce tdm_impact_largeclaypot_01

inv_icon guis\assets\hud\inventory_icons\skull_inv_icon

dosent really apply to DR as there are function or button in radient that arent in DR - so its a bit of a guessing game..

Another question:

Can someone point me to the wiki tut that shows me from start to finish, how to make items that can be added to the players inventory..

The Frobbable wiki seems to be what you're looking for (under the "Using an Entity" heading)

http://wiki.thedarkmod.com/index.php?title=Making_an_Entity_frobable

Can someone point me to the wiki tut that shows me from start to finish, how to make items that can be added to the players inventory..

If this is about the skull then I already did....

http://forums.thedarkmod.com/topic/10537-bikerdude-questions/page__view__findpost__p__235183

Here's the wiki article for all custom objects including inventoryable:

http://wiki.thedarkmod.com/index.php?title=Custom_Special_Objects

The following doesn't work for you? Greebo is changing DR so you get spline data when you create a func_splinemover. Until then, you have to copy the data in from a spline entity.

func_splinemover

Create a func_splinemover to hold our spline data.

• Create a 16x16x16 brush.
  • Texture it with NODRAW.
  • Select it and make it a func_splinemover (24px-Right_mouse_button_2d.png, Create entity, darkmod/func/func_splinemover).
  • Change its name to "Spline5" ("name" "Spline5").

Notice that Spline5 doesn't have any spline data in it. For that, we'll need to create a spline and copy its data to Spline5.

NURBS Spline

Create a NURBS spline:

• With Spline5 selected, hit the Change views button (the XYZ button on the main menu) three times. This centers all views on Spline5.
  • From the main menu, select Curve->Create NURBS Curve. This creates a spline entity with the same origin as Spline5.
  • Now we have to move the spline's curve data into Spline5.
    • Select the spline anywhere along its curve.
    • In the Entity window, select the property curve_Nurbs. This property will appear on the line with the green checkmark on the right.
    • Hit ESC and select Spline5.
    • Click on the green arrow. This transfers the spline curve to Spline5, which is where we want it.
    • Hide Spline5.
    • Delete the spline entity.
    • Unhide Spline5.