Why won't these 3 missions load?

Shaz

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Shaz, would you be willing to try smaller and smaller versions of somewhere5a? Repeatedly reduce this thing to try to isolate what's bothering dmap?

If so, here are somewhere100.map and somewhere101.map.

Try dmapping each and let us know what you get.

Thanks.

http://www.mediafire.com/?ivd7n1dtblmr2ht

http://www.mediafire.com/?uk3lbgq68vph822

Also continue to use the "v" argument/parameter/switch/option/flag for verbosity...

ETA:

And also also...

First thing you should type in the console is...

logFile 2

This will create a running console dump in darkmod called qconsole.log...

Edited by aidakeeley

"A Rhapsody Of Feigned And Ill-Invented Nonsense" - Thomas Aikenhead, On Theology, ca. 1696

Shaz, would you be willing to try smaller and smaller versions of somewhere5a? Repeatedly reduce this thing to try to isolate what's bothering dmap?

Absolutely more than willing, for as long as you folks can stand to poke at it.

Also continue to use the "v" argument/parameter/switch/option/flag for verbosity...

First thing you should type in the console is...

logFile 2

logFile 2 enabled.

dmap v somewhere100 - successful, though it did pause for a couple of seconds at FGTJ before finishing.

Exited TDM, saved the qconsole.log of this, in case it's needed and in case it should be separate from the next one.

Reloaded, entered logFile 2 again.

dmap v somewhere101 - crash at FGTJ. Exited and saved this qconsole as well.

I'm not permitted to upload the .logs as attachments. Do they work the same if renamed as .txts, or should I find a place to upload them elsewhere (if they're wanted)?

Reloaded, entered logFile 2 again.

dmap v somewhere101 - crash at FGTJ. Exited and saved this qconsole as well.

I'm not permitted to upload the .logs as attachments. Do they work the same if renamed as .txts, or should I find a place to upload them elsewhere (if they're wanted)?

Change the filename from *.log to *.txt and attach it.

somewhere101 is very small, with a few models in it.

Should be interesting to see what exactly is crashing dmap.

The 101 qconsole file doesn't provide any useful details. Can't tell if it's dying at the end of working on the world brushes, or whether it's dying on one of the entities after that.

Could you dmap 102 and 103 this way:

dmap v verboseEntities somewhere102

dmap v verboseEntities somewhere103

And post the qconsole files from each?

We're just about finished.

Down to a single room with a wall light and a couple of tables in it, one of which is turned on its side.

Here are some variations of this final room.

105 begets 107, 108, 109, and 110.

http://www.mediafire.com/?0acy03pp9a49y3i

http://www.mediafire.com/?mylidhzvr0ucmy4

http://www.mediafire.com/?gjiwzwans9py2oc

http://www.mediafire.com/?cbbr61e9n71shf0

Let's see how these do. Based on the results, I should be able to make a full mission pk4 available for you to try to run.

The offending item is a table. Looks like your system doesn't like it.

It doesn't appear in Alchemist or Rift, so there must be different items in those maps that your system doesn't like.

I've removed the two instances of it from somewhere and here's a *.pk4 you can try:

http://www.mediafire.com/?xoeg5ij6y877oql

Just so we're clear, you don't have to dmap it. Just bring it up like any other mission, and hopefully it will not crash.

Good luck.

IT'S ALIVE!!

*ahem*. Yes, Somewhere Above the City has now successfully loaded, and I'm off to enjoy myself in it.

Thank you SO much, Grayman! I wish this issue had also been the culprit for the other two, but I greatly appreciate the time spent to figure out what was wrong with yours. :)

Cheers!

(Edit: *looks over at computer case* I just have to say....a table? All this fuss over a table? *stares at case long and hard* A table. Really. Ooookay, I think I'll rename you from ShazBot to Nutcase. Ai yi.)

Edited by Shaz

Nuh-uh... this is not over. No way. <_<-_-;):D

WTF is with that table? Please attach (here, not on mediafire, cuz those links are already dead...) a copy of the room with that table still in... Thanks.

ETA:

Forget it; I see there is another thread now wherein texture culprits and such suches are being narrowed down. I shall follow along there...

Edited by aidakeeley

"A Rhapsody Of Feigned And Ill-Invented Nonsense" - Thomas Aikenhead, On Theology, ca. 1696

Well, it appears maybe the compass tex is what's wrong with mine. It'll be a fix in 1.03, I'm not gonna update the map just for that right now, but you could always open the map file up in DR, The compass is on the window of the start room, delete it, save and compile.

Dark is the sway that mows like a harvest

Well, the Alchemist and The Rift both use the compass.

I didn't check any other maps but it looks like a possible culprit and it's gonna be fixed.

I'm just wondering what part of your system isn't liking the textures, it

Intel Core2 Duo E8400

I've got a 6600 and it doesn't mind.

Win7

32 or 64. I've got 64 pro no issues.

8GB RAM

Brand of Ram?

ATI 4870

Brand, anyone else have this?

Dark is the sway that mows like a harvest

Well, it appears maybe the compass tex is what's wrong with mine. It'll be a fix in 1.03, I'm not gonna update the map just for that right now, but you could always open the map file up in DR, The compass is on the window of the start room, delete it, save and compile.

I wonder about this.

Rift's compass is not in the inventory at start.

Living Expenses also has a compass that's not in the inventory at start. It's sitting in a footlocker.

Alchemist's compass is in inventory at start.

Dozens of other maps have the compass in inventory at start.

Since Living Expenses is okay, I doubt the compass is at fault, unless its textures are handled differently in the two maps.

What version of ATI Catalyst are you running

!?

That's a bit like asking "when did you stop beating your wife?"

I thought you were kidding when I read that... are you not?

How in the hell did I/we/they miss the fact that Catalyst is running?