The Dark Mod Forums

Bing = shit

Bikerdude

is it me, or everything about bing just shit..

They have just bought out multimap, which I used to use a lot, now its been bing'fied and looks almost as crap as google maps..

The bing search results are crap most of the time, there are so many ads its difficult to see the few results that do appear..

how many attempts will it take MS to get it right..?

Edited by Bikerdude

Never used it, I don't think I've ever seen a good Microsoft web service... ever. Not that the new Google stuff is good, but MS have just a knack at making a crock of webshit :)

I simply love how insanely hard it is to navigate their developer docs, support forums, support downloads etc. I get very frustrated and just google directly for things and then browse with google cache which often excludes most of the bullshit. Would you like to partake in our consumer feedback? You need to install silverlight to see this advert!! You need to install some windows install verification to download this update for a non-windows product! You need to register to view this support thread. hurf ;/

Now that I think about it, I did accidentally use one of their Live!(wtf) map widgets a few weeks ago and that was ok.

I used Bing a couple of times. It never really bothered me. I'm getting very annoyed with the new insta-search thing Google has though. You can disable it. I just prefer to flush my cookies when I close the browser so that companies can't track every single thing I do. One example is going to a page that has a Facebook "like" button on it, which says "none of your friends like this yet". I wouldn't be surprised if they keep track of every site like that I visit.

Suppose I should give Yahoo another try. Their homepage was always too cluttered though.

--- War does not decide who is right, war decides who is left.

Suppose I should give Yahoo another try. Their homepage was always too cluttered though.

Yahoo now use Bing as their search provider :)

However, they used to be cool and they do support a lot of nice projects and such... I just never liked the whole "portal" thing either. I dont know many people that do. I dont use any social networking stuff really, but I have my browser configured to search google and it disables the auto-search-complete crap on its own. I also have most sites set to 'accept cookie only for the session', a bit less global than yours but it keeps things sane.

Portals always seem like an idea that managers liked but no one else cares for :/ Syndication works so much better anyway.

Haven't looked at Bing since I rejected it when it first came out.

The only way I can see to do an advanced search (apart from boolean) is to do a simple search first then you get an advanced option! Then you do the advanced search. But the advanced search is nowhere near as good as Google anyway.