The Dark Mod Forums

More presence!

Berny

Hey - I just looked at the main page. The last 4 are quite old - 1 month - 8 month ago

If I was an outside person, I would think that it's getting quiet in this mod. The FAQ is very old and the screenshots are I think more than one year old!! This could need a big update. There could be also a new column for fm's - to each fm a small text (maybe the introduction of it) and one picture.

Why I concern about this? I wanted to show this mod to a friend of me, but my graphic card has serious problems, so I showed him the side.. but he got quite bored ;( - and I would bet that he likes this mod - it is just so cool, but the appearance is quite rusty... ;/

Regards Berny

I did. And I do most of the updating, which is why it doesn't happen very often.

I'm not really that happy with the current design, to be honest, but the website tends to be low on my priority list of how to spend my TDM time.

I'll take a new Thug AI or that gorgeous WIP mission over a website update any day. :)

That said, if I you want to grant me sandbox privilege to edit the site (if possible), I can try to figure out the formatting syntax and at least try to keep parity with Moddb updates.

(You may need to replace me soonish though, new rules at work and the upcoming release of "nbohr1more Jr 2nd edition" are closing in on my remaining scraps of free-time...? :( :( )

Please visit TDM's IndieDB site and help promote the mod:

http://www.indiedb.com/mods/the-dark-mod

(Yeah, shameless promotion... but traffic is traffic folks...)

If you give me the permissions I could add some of the screenshots as early as Wednesday. As for news, ModDB only has the release of Lockdown and I don't think it's necessary to do individual mission basis news unless it's really important. Newer FAQ questions would come from, the wiki maybe?

If you give me the permissions I could add some of the screenshots as early as Wednesday

If people have good screenshots, I'd be happy to update that page. I haven't had time to take any new ones myself with all the 1.03 eye candy on. I just need a good original (preferably showing off AI or something else interesting) and a 100x120 thumbnail.

If I remember correctly, it was already agreed upon, that we will eventually install a proper content management system (like those of blogs) on the site. After that, progress updates and screenshots are likely to be expected more frequently.

One thing that would help would be more mission reviews, especially accompanied by good screenshots. I know that kind of thing gets my attention.

We seem to be waiting for other people to write them, but it's the perfect job for a forum regular who wants to help but doesn't have the technical skills to code, model, etc.

This thread on TTLG is a good spot; they're open to TDM reviews: http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=124349

I just posted a quick one there myself.

Anyone know of other spots? What about moddb?

When the new website goes up, it will have a place for mission reviews as well.

The "Reviews" tab is for the "mod as a whole". Users could post a review on their own profile but we couldn't properly link it to the "Features" tab unless we created some sort of article that references it...

We could just post "Feature Articles" for every mission and let the user comments area take care of "reviews".

The actual "Downloads" or "Add-ons" tabs have a "Community Rating" 1-10 scale for each posted item, so that is the place where Moddb intends this to happen.

:unsure:

Please visit TDM's IndieDB site and help promote the mod:

http://www.indiedb.com/mods/the-dark-mod

(Yeah, shameless promotion... but traffic is traffic folks...)

• 1 month later...

If there's anyone with web-coding experience who would like to help me with a redesign of the official site, please PM me.

I really like the graphic design of the website. Problem is the out-of-date or unfrequently updated FM-related content on www.thedarkmod.com

What happened to the plans of implementing a lightweight PHP/MySQL blogging solution?

"To rush is without doubt the most important enemy of joy" ~ Thieves Saying