The Dark Mod Forums

DarkRadiant 1.6.0 available

greebo

Does the new DR crash on everyone else routinely upon exit?

Starting from the 1.5.0 the DR almost always crashes when I close it. Any ideas how to make it exit gracefully?

1.6.0 crashes too.

Clipper

-The mapper's best friend.

Does the shutdown crash depend on anything you're doing before shutting it down?

Um.. Any suggestions to try?

If I start it and put the floating window layout the way I want it crashes when I shut it down. That's the annoying thing: I can't have it remember my settings.

If I start it, throw in some brushes, close without saving, it crashes upon shutdown.

If I start it, change window layout to regular and shut it down it DOES NOT crash!:o

If I start it now, I now have the regular layout. If I try to change window layout back to floating it crashes instantly. If I try to change the layout to anything else the DR crashes now instantaneously. :angry:

Clipper

That's more useful, it seems to be related to the Floating layout (something I'm not using myself anymore). Please add a tracker entry for this, I'll try to look into that and include it into a possible 1.6.1 maintenance release.

That's more useful, it seems to be related to the Floating layout (something I'm not using myself anymore). Please add a tracker entry for this, I'll try to look into that and include it into a possible 1.6.1 maintenance release.

Thanks

Over here: http://bugs.angua.at/view.php?id=2735

Clipper

Greebs this is interesting as I have been posting in a thread re-someone who has been having crashing issue with DR layouts, - SeriousToni's thread