The Dark Mod Forums

Sir Taffsalot's mapping thread

Sir Taffsalot

Then it should work.

Do you really have to define them yourself? It must have already been there when he was able to add an entity.

You don't really need to define them yourself. You can also use the base entity. But this way the maps show up in DR as their own entities, and you can just add them.

FM's: Builder Roads, Old Habits, Old Habits Rebuild

Mapping and Scripting: Apples and Peaches

Sculptris Models and Tutorials: Obsttortes Models

My wiki articles: Obstipedia

Texture Blending in DR: DR ASE Blend Exporter

You don't really need to define them yourself. You can also use the base entity. But this way the maps show up in DR as their own entities, and you can just add them.

Fidcals startpack, which my missions are based on, has a derived "map_of" entity in the "custom.def" file. I didn't realize that it came from that and not with the mod files.

But great that it's sorted out.

There are 4 atdm:map_of in my map. And nothing map related in the spawnargs of my shop entity. Yet in the players inventory while at the shop, a blank map appears. In game all four maps (that are meant to be in the players inventory) show up fine. Yet a fifth unwanted one(I assume this is the one from the shop) shows up. It is blank and useless. I'm confused and dont know how to get rid of this unwanted blank map. If someone wants to look at my map I can PM a DL link that I'm currently using for beta testing.

"I believe that what doesn't kill you simply makes you... stranger"

The Joker

Create two copies of the specific item, so you have three of them. On each entity add two of the following three spawnargs:

"diff_X_nospawn" "1", where X= 0, 1, 2

This says that an entity does not spawn on difficulty level X.

Example: Let's say you want the player to have 4 water arrows on the lowest difficulty setting, 3 on the second and 2 on the highest. Create three water arrow entities and set

"inv_ammo_amount" "4"
"diff_1_nospawn" "1"
"diff_2_nospawn" "1"

on the first one,

"inv_ammo_amount" "3"
"diff_0_nospawn" "1"
"diff_2_nospawn" "1"

on the second one,

"inv_ammo_amount" "2"
"diff_0_nospawn" "1"
"diff_1_nospawn" "1"

on the last one.

One possibility is to use textures/washroom/mirror

Or you create a copy of a glass shader and add the keyword "mirror" to it.

Isn't the textures/washroom/mirror a Doom3 texture? I assume that everything that isn't in the dark Mod folder is Doom 3. I want to avoid that if were going standalone soon.

Where do I add the keyword "mirror" to a glass shader?

The Joker

textures/darkmod/glass/mirror
{
    discrete
   //translucent
   //twosided
   noshadows
   qer_editorimage    textures/darkmod/glass/clear_ed
   {
       blend gl_dst_color,gl_zero
       map textures/lights/ambientlightnfo_amb
   }
   solid
   mirror

}

This is a mirror texture which looks like a blank (thus meaning perfectly clean) mirror. If you want to have it look more dirty, replace the texture after the map command with a different one. Good possibilities are other light textures or glass textures. Or you create your own.

I couldn't resist :smile:

post-11230-0-95630100-1376327729_thumb.jpg

What can cause a break in the link of AI paths? I have an AI that gets to a certain AH path and instead of going to next one, he turns around and goes back to the AI path that he targets at the map starts. Instead of going in a circle he just goes backwards and forwards. I've triple checked my AI paths. They are all named correctly and targeted correctly?

The Joker

What can cause a break in the link of AI paths? I have an AI that gets to a certain AH path and instead of going to next one, he turns around and goes back to the AI path that he targets at the map starts. Instead of going in a circle he just goes backwards and forwards. I've triple checked my AI paths. They are all named correctly and targeted correctly?

Check two things:

1 - Any visportals on the path have to have one side painted with the visportal texture and the other faces painted with nodraw.

2 - Put this line in your Darkmod.cfg file if it isn't already there: bind "b" "_impulse27". Hit the 'b' key in-game to display the AAS areas and walk the path yourself and see if there are any spots where the AAS areas don't connect.

It's possible that doing 2 will show you where you need to fix 1.