The Dark Mod Forums

Help us make new/better editor images!

Serpentine

Nah, tried that - things start to look like an explosion in a tartan factory.

But I think we can get away with changing the whole colour - clip is that purple colour, so brown+purple = stone/rock etc, green+purple = veg...

Anyhoo lemme go sort that out and I'll see what it looks like.

I like that. Just needs something similar for clip and ladder.

By the way, I have wondered for a while now... Why is there no 'Ladder Wood"? The default ladder makes a metal sound, plus there is 'ladder metal' as well. For a wooden ladder I have ended up using foliage or rope, which don't sound right but at least don't make a "clang clang" sound.

System: Mageia Linux Cauldron, aka Mageia 8

Did not know we had that many surface types, or footstep sounds to accomodate them. cardboard, seriously? Also I'm loving the rain/rainsplash images, very intuitive to the eye, but possibly confusing with portal_sky if the scale is modified.

Hmm, looks works pretty well; a screenshot (from Blackheart)

Sweet! this is greatly appreciated Serps!

Didnt someone mention changing the colour of the fonts for the Clip images, as 'green on red' hurts the eyes, black on red would be easy enough I would have thought.

By the way, I have wondered for a while now... Why is there no 'Ladder Wood"?

Eh I thought we did now in 1.07..?

I'll look again... I had put a wooden ladder in my map, but may have done so with 1.06. I put in another one recently and simply selected the latter I used for the previous one, believing there to be none for ladder-wood.

Nope. Only the following are listed:

ladder

ladder_chain

ladder_foliage

ladder_metal

ladder_nosound

ladder_rope

I did a search for the word ladder here, to no avail:

What's new in TDM 1.07

Edited by PranQster

System: Mageia Linux Cauldron, aka Mageia 8

I think that looks pretty good for the nodraws. Still keeps a nodraw look all the way through.

But I think Clip would be fine just changing font colors. Same with most. We get too many checker boards going and all of a sudden everything is just squares of color.

If we keep clip a solid red it won't mix in with a checker texture.

Ladder could be horizontal stripes of color. It would give a ladder appearance but the main color is the yellow, so it's easy to recognize. (I think small color stripes like rungs, not the same width of stripe as the yellow)

Dark is the sway that mows like a harvest

Yeah I've already done the ladders etc like that.

Just finishing checking the material file changes are correct, then I'll throw it into SVN.

I'm not changing the clip from red/green, but I did tone down the red, and add a slight black border on the text (The version of the clips on this page reflects these changes)

• Like 2

I'm not changing the clip from red/green, but I did tone down the red, and add a slight black border on the text (The version of the clips on this page reflects these changes)

I'd stil change the greenon-red to be at least black-on-red. There is no real reason to use green, it hurts the eyes, is hard for color blind people.

Otherwise, very good work.

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man." -- George Bernard Shaw (1856 - 1950)

"Remember: If the game lets you do it, it's not cheating." -- Xarax