The Dark Mod Forums

TDM and D3 refuse to launch

Andarthiel

Hi everyone,

I've seen some footage of The Dark Mod and being a huge fan of Thief decided to give it a try. I installed Doom 3 and as per instructions I patched it to the latest version. I did all the things necessary, the darkmod directory and downloading the latest version of the mod. But when it finished and I tried launching the mod I get an an annoying error message(screenshot attached).

I tried compatibility mode, running as administrator etc. but still nothing. Funny thing is that it's only Doom 3 and TDM that give me this message, all other games work fine.

I'm using Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit and I've heard that Doom 3 has problems with 7 and Vista maybe my problem is related.

Can anyone help me out?

post-11567-0-05076300-1349266127_thumb.jpg

I'm running Doom3 fine on Win7 64-bit.

You should probably: do a forum search for crashes or a google search for "Dark Mod" and crash. It's very likely someone else has had your kind of crash before too. And (if you still don't find a solution) give your system & graphics card details.

Here's what I dug up on a quick search:

http://www.ttlg.com/...l=1#post2032858

http://wiki.thedarkm...crashes_on_load

What do you see when you turn out the light? I can't tell you but I know that it's mine.

I tried searching for posts with similar issues but couldn't find anything.

Here are my specs:

AMD FX 4100 ~3.6Ghz

16GB RAM

1GB GeForce 560Ti

My DirectX is version 11

I've ran the update several times after the initial download and even patched Doom 3 multiple times to make sure

Edited by Andarthiel

What do you mean by patching D3 multiple times? That sounds like a possible source of error.

You followed these instructions in installation?

wiki.thedarkmod.com/index.php?title=Installation

Clipper

-The mapper's best friend.

What do you mean by patching D3 multiple times? That sounds like a possible source of error.

You followed these instructions in installation?

wiki.thedarkmod.com/index.php?title=Installation

I mean after Doom 3 finished installation I ran patch 1.3.1 setup and after it showed me that error message I rant it again just to make sure it wasn't an incomplete update. And yes I followed those instructions.

Edited by Andarthiel