The Dark Mod Forums

Children can't beat Super Mario Bros O.o

Loa4ever

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=br3jjbiiFH0

I just want to share this with you guys. How can't a child beat Super Mario Bros 1st level O.o? This really is concerning... is this generation lost? Is their brains so low that can't understand how to pass this game? We probably know the answer but you have to admit this is simple... I have no words really.

Edited by Loa4ever

This is so true. But actually nothing I would blame on the players. I guess the devs/pubs always wanted to reach a broader audience, and one way to do so is to decrease the difficulty. This gone on and on and now we are at the COD generation.

I mean, one of the first responses to my first FM was that it is quite difficult. (Well, the person played under the highest difficulty setting, what was he expecting). There is nothing against an easy difficulty setting for unexperienced gamers. But really challenging games are very rare. Finishing T3 under the highest settings was a joke againts when I played T1/T2 first time under the highest settings. And the even included a fourth difficulty level. Why no no-kill objective? Never understood that.

I mean, if you play chess one player finishes the game and the other one sees the game over screen (the filthy smile in his opponents face).

Playing a game means that you must loose sometimes, cause if you don't loose, you do not learn. And that's why we play (that's why it is so important that children play, think about it). I guess people somehow have forgotten that. -_-

• Like 1

FM's: Builder Roads, Old Habits, Old Habits Rebuild

Mapping and Scripting: Apples and Peaches

Sculptris Models and Tutorials: Obsttortes Models

My wiki articles: Obstipedia

Texture Blending in DR: DR ASE Blend Exporter

It is pointless statement that today children can't play it. Back in 8bit days there was only few games, and they were on level of today flash games. Now you have zillion of titles to chose from and even good one will go on shelf forgotten. There you had no choice but to beat those few games, now you are distracted from all sides by new ones. It is impossible to play even all AAA games, and when to look at all flash or indie games? You don't have time to master one title, you can merely relay on nostalgia or "love from first sight" to choose something at all.

• Like 1

S2wtMNl.gif

I have a confession to make. I never beat the original SMB. I could make it all the way to 8-4 but no further because the level branches and loops back onto itself. I made it to Bowser once but couldn't manage it. And when losing is the same as resetting the system I can't be bothered.

A lot of NES games are like that too. I had a much better experience with the SNES.

I guess the message stating it was satire wasn't there when you first watched it?

I guess the message stating it was satire wasn't there when you first watched it?

I think it wasn't. But doesn't mean that isn't true what's happening with difficulty levels of videogames recently. Is a good topic to discuss and I thought to show :).

Satire is normally based on true things :smile: Even if it is a bit exaggerated.

FM's: Builder Roads, Old Habits, Old Habits Rebuild

Mapping and Scripting: Apples and Peaches

Sculptris Models and Tutorials: Obsttortes Models

My wiki articles: Obstipedia

Texture Blending in DR: DR ASE Blend Exporter