The Dark Mod Forums

Textures are missing

DamKoVosh

Goog Evening

I just loaded Dark Mod like an hour ago, and got this Problem with the missing Textures or missing dynamic light not shure, and the Smoke being just black squares.

And i know there is another thread with about the same Problem, but i have the 2.0 standalone and as far as i understood i dont have to install doom to play this one, so the other thread is not realy helping me either.

I tried about every button in my settings and i followed the faq

post-28690-0-38007300-1381439539_thumb.jpg

Textures are missing, screen mostly black

Look into your darkmod.cfg inside your darkmod folder and check that the following settings are like shown below:

seta image_usePrecompressedTextures "1"

seta image_useNormalCompression "2"

seta image_useAllFormats "1"

seta image_useCompression "0"

seta image_preload "1"

even if im not sure thats the same problem.

if that faq entry would be the right one, i looked in the DXDIAG, but there is no way to change anything in there.

Textures are missing, shadows are pitch black

Try disabling the AGP surface accelerator in DXDIAG.

So non of the things i tried did change anything so please help me to fix this.

MFG DamKoVosh

Edit: P.S. the screen is much darker then its supposed to be, but the only thing u should see is some things having textures, while others havent.

Edited by DamKoVosh

I just loaded Dark Mod like an hour ago, and got this Problem with the missing Textures or missing dynamic light not shure, and the Smoke being just black squares

That's exactly what it would look like if you were running 1.08 without Doom3. Are you sure you have 2.0? Is that the version number on the bottom of the menu parchment?