The Dark Mod Forums

Call for voice actors for "U1"

Sotha

My WIP FM is coming together nicely. I'll use "U1" as a nickname for it for the time being, as the name could still change.

A good mission always has a conversation or two, and I'd like to ask if there are volunteers for voice acting. I've not yet written any dialogue, but if it looks like there are actors available, then it is worthwhile.

I need:

1) female voice actor.

Should be able to roughly imitate "atdm:ai_vocal_set_lady_02." (an aristocratic lady)

Ability requirement: Casual dialogue, ability to express concern in voice would be a nice bonus.

2) male voice actor. Should be able to roughly imitate "atdm:ai_vocal_set_lord_guard_01." (A lord.)

Ability requirement: Casual dialogue.

Amount of lines per each character: 2-5.

Chime in if you are interested in helping! Thanks!

Clipper

-The mapper's best friend.

I always get typecast as an aristocrat or old-school barrister on stage when we dramatize business cases at work as I'm told I can do that voice well (don't ask, it's a corporation-wide annual competition), so I'd be happy to send you a trial recording to see whether it fits your setting. I'm on holiday though so I can't listen to the existing Lord vocals to see whether I can blend in. You can hear me on that patch splitting video but of course I'm not in a role there. Happy to at least give it a go if you don't get proper actors offering :-) Who did the lord originally?

Thanks Steve!

There is no rush, drop in a sample when you have time.

I still need the female voice, though. Anyone up for it? Or does someone have a friend or a wife could be interested?

It is not a big job, and even a modern smartphones have a voice recorder that is enough for basic vocals.

Clipper

Perhaps I could give it a try! I bought a new headset a while ago, just need to see if it works better than my old microphone.

The female one? Sure, please supply a sample at your leisure.

A sample sentence of your own choosing will be just fine.

Clipper

Here:

https://www.dropbox....TestSamples.rar

Please note that these are just test samples, and I haven't done any impressions in a while. May also need to adjust the recording device a bit...

Thanks, but... :wacko:

I'm sorry, but I need a female actor. It would be just silly to have the woman suddenly have the voice of a man.

Those would fit just fine for a male character, however.

Clipper

Thanks, but... :wacko:

I'm sorry, but I need a female actor. It would be just silly to have the woman suddenly have the voice of a man.

Those would fit just fine for a male character, however.

I said I haven't done any impressions in a while, and I was trying to mimic Caroline John, so no, they wouldn't fit a male character.

"Let me guess - little blue men with three heads stole your sweetroll?"