The Dark Mod Forums

DarkRadiant 2.0.4 pre-release testing

Here's the next pre-release (pre10) build for inclined mappers to test.

Installer x64: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B5l3W4qqEX26WFUwOEU3QzR3WG8

Portable x64: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B5l3W4qqEX26YzluY2pfWmJQdFU

Installer x86: -

Portable x86: -

If you happen to run into a crash, please record a crashdump: How to record a crashdump

Changes since 2.0.3 can be seen on the Bugtracker, important stuff includes so far:

- Improved rotation code for multi-ent selection (#230), this should make prefab placement a bit easier
- Updated German localization

pre2:

- #4282: Fixed a crash when selecting stuff in the map, after the AI Editing Panel has been opened in a previous map

pre3:

- #4298: Crash when reloading def files while having a map loaded
- #3570: Multiple func_statics, when rotated, leave origins untouched
- #4305: Cannot set negative speed values in particle editor
- #4294: The AI tab shows visual AND audio acuities ranging from 0->1.00. They should range from 0->100.
- #389: Find and replace textures ignores texture alignment

pre4:

- #3570 again: fixed func_static origin rotation when using the toolbar buttons

- #4295: Animation viewer keeps demanding more memory

pre5:

- #4310: Continued scrolling in orthoview
- #4309: Delay redraw when manipulating brushes or patches
- #4308: New brushes have texture at lowest scale
- #4307: Have to double click to select and unselect any item on ortho.

pre6:

- #4276: Path connections disappear when one endpoint is not visible

pre7:

- Fixed layers being messed up after map loading

- Fixed FreeLook toggle mode being deactivated when selecting objects in camera view

pre8:

- Fixed: Rotating brushes flings them around randomly when Rotate Objects independently is on.

- Fixed: Patches + Incorrect Shader Paste operations breaks the 3D viewport

- Fixed: Color-related spawnargs should have three points of decimal precision instead of two

- Changed: Wavefront OBJ exporter is now available via the Scripts menu instead of File...

- Fixed: Moving texture/vert points in texture tool: always moves two grid lines at a time

pre9:

- Fixed: ESC terminates freelook mode, it can now be used to deselect stuff again without exiting freelook

- Fixed: Increasing/decreasing camera speed during freelook mode exits freelook

- Fixed more thoroughly: Color-related spawnargs should have three points of decimal precision instead of two

pre10:

- Fixed: Pasting Shaders from Patch To Brush Does Not Keep Texture Scale and Alignment

- Add support for loading older Q3 map format

Edited by greebo

Only a quick prefab test: Improved code for multi-entity rotation seam to work fine. This is a huge help with prefabs.

Thanks greebo!​

Will test the stability in my next DR sessions later this month ...

"To rush is without doubt the most important enemy of joy" ~ Thieves Saying

So, how is it for everyone so far?

During routine mapping I haven't experienced crashe's so far.

One thing I noticed (and most likely it's been there for a long time) is that when creating models, and a model is large, the preview doesn't zoom to fit the model in the window. Is it fixable?

• 2 weeks later...

A new build is up, fixing a crash as reported by VanishedOne. It appeared after having the AI Panel open with an Entity selected in one map, after changing to a different map DR will crash when click-selecting any object.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Any crashes in the meantime?

Due to RL I've not been doing that much mapping.

During a DR mini-training session yesterdaywith Spooks I had several CTD's, I believe it was happening when pressing the escape key to deselect an item/items -

- mega

I should also mention it dosent happen right away, DR has to be open for a while and then it start happening - memory leak..?

OK, got the dumps, but I can't tell what happened. What have you been doing right before it crashed? It was happening 4 times in a row, I gather? The dumps are very small, so you probably didn't have much content loaded, I assume.

Also, you've been using the 2.04pre1-build, not the latest one (2.0.4pre2).

• OK, got the dumps, but I can't tell what happened. What have you been doing right before it crashed? It was happening 4 times in a row, I gather? The dumps are very small, so you probably didn't have much content loaded, I assume.

Also, you've been using the 2.04pre1-build, not the latest one (2.0.4pre2).

• I press escape to de-select stuff, and I cant imagine I do this anymore than any other mapper. When I created those dump files I was doing a training session via Skype with Spooks showing him how to visportal his map. But I can make DR crash on any map.

Will check version when I get home this afternoon (2hrs from now)