The Dark Mod Forums

Female Voice Acting

lizanneh

I saw something that said all of the vocal work is being handled in-house, but wanted to offer my services as a female V/O artist. I have over 20 years acting experience, although I'm non-union. If you don't already have anyone doing female voices, you may wish to contact me. Of course, that assumes you have females in the design, which in some cases is a stretch.

If you're interested, I can direct you to content samples. If not, then back to your design, and we'll see the result when it's done!

Lizanneh B)

We have female characters of course :)

New Horizon is the guy... he is in charge of all voice acting on the project and he frequently says he has access to a variety of professional talent. (Haven't heard any of it yet myself).

I'm sure he'll see this thread and be replying shortly. Maybe he will hear your stuff and decide we need you :)

Hi there Lizanneh, :)

I feel like a jerk turning people down who are offering their voice services but it's a direction I chose to take from my experience working on another mod.

Recording the voice sets locally allows for a higher level of contact with the performers and helps guarantee that I get consistent levels of quality right accross the board with minimal post processing.

I truly appreciate the offer and hope you'll be interested in trying out the mod to see what we've achieved.

So far, we just have placeholder voice sets ingame. The real work should begin fairly soon.

A female!!!!! Finally!! :) LOL, sorry Lizzaneh, but we have too much testosterone on our team and in these forums. It's refreshing to have a female visit.

Aside from the work New Horizon is doing which uses female talent (which they don't post in our forum), you're the first admitted female I've seen in our forums.

I now have an inner calm.

I would like to hear content samples, for no other reason than just because I appreciate creativity.

How did I get dragged into that wierd hypothesis?

Yes I think you guys have well and truely scared her off.

Anyway, I agree with Darkness. The first female contact to this forum deserves some sort of small ceremony.

*Politely bows* we are flattered by you offer to work with us generous lady, and if circumstances were different, we would graciously accept. Please feel free to keep in contact, as a woman's input on the work of our male only team is much needed.

How did I get dragged into that wierd hypothesis?

Yes, that was weird.

The first female contact to this forum deserves some sort of small ceremony.

LOL! If these posts haven't yet scared her off, you think a ceremony would help our predicament? :D

Please feel free to keep in contact, as a woman's input on the work of our male only team is much needed.

Definitely.

You know, all this makes me wonder what percentage of Thief players are female.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Sorry for the necropost, but I wanted to thank everyone for the small ceremony. I wasn't scared off by all of you -- more so just didn't check back after hearing that remote recordings weren't being used. Actually just found this in a google search.

But for those who were interested, here's my resume:

http://voice123.com/lizmuirhead?237988374789.477

And you can hear more samples and see links to actual work I've done here:

http://home.comcast.net/~lizanneh/

The best known work I've done within the Thief Community is in Frobber's "Keeper of the Prophecies" series. Outside the Thief Community, I'd say it's the role of "Wildcat" in the UT2004 mod Alien Swarm. And I do some local work for corporate training videos/presentations and the like.

I have a few more things in the works, which will hopefully eventually be released. I am a lifelong gamer -- started with Kings Quest on the PC Jr. back in the '80's -- and will likely never stop enjoying it! I used to play AD&D as a teen, so I'm also a big fan of the Neverwinter Nights series and related RPG games.

I look forward to playing this game when it's ready!