Jump to content
The Dark Mod Forums
Sign in to follow this  
jaredmitchell

Beta(?) Testers Wanted: The Canal

Recommended Posts

Congratulations. :)

I just watched parts of your stream dated May, 24th, 2020.

Why didn't you create a project set up in both DR and DM directly targeting your WIP? That would have made things much easier when it comes to mission testing (and wip names should - of course - be as short as possible! :) ).

Moreover, was there a special reason you didn't use the readable editor to create the readables?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, JackFarmer said:

Why didn't you create a project set up in both DR and DM directly targeting your WIP? That would have made things much easier when it comes to mission testing (and wip names should - of course - be as short as possible! :) ).

Well now you tell me that's a possibility! Yes that would be much more convenient, I should look up how to do that while waiting for feedback to come in.

And I did use the readables editor at first, but it kept having issues with relocating what I had already written. I imagine that's related to your first point of project configuration. Hopefully I can go forward a smarter mapper now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd be willing to take a look at what you got Jared, I can even help you out with those readables.  Feel free to shoot me a PM

25 minutes ago, jaredmitchell said:

Well now you tell me that's a possibility! Yes that would be much more convenient, I should look up how to do that while waiting for feedback to come in.

 

And don't feel bad, I too made that same mistake. Could have saved myself days worth of work... oh well. All part of the learning process

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, jaredmitchell said:

Well now you tell me that's a possibility! Yes that would be much more convenient, I should look up how to do that while waiting for feedback to come in.

And I did use the readables editor at first, but it kept having issues with relocating what I had already written. I imagine that's related to your first point of project configuration. Hopefully I can go forward a smarter mapper now.

Check here running time 0:00 - 2:20:

 

In short:

1. Your WIP folder belongs into the fms folder

2. Create inside your WIP folder the file "darkmod.txt" - put in there the following "Title: Whateveryoulike"

3. Start DM and select "Whateveryoulike" from the mission list and install it

4. from now on you can map/dmap directly from here simply using the command "dmap/map mapname" - no further path definition needed

5. Open DR and Open "File --> Project Setup" and do as Springheel explains in the video above. If you are experiencing then xdata problems, just report it in the Newbie thread and we will help you to sort things out.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Edited by JackFarmer
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you two so much! I may make good on your offer for help later.

The map is now posted in the Beta Testing forum. If you don't have access to those just DM me and I'll send you the link.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, jaredmitchell said:

The map is now posted in the Beta Testing forum. If you don't have access to those just DM me and I'll send you the link.

While that forum is still located in the "Internal Development" group (probably for historical reasons), it has been open to the public since January 2018.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Abusimplea said:

While that forum is still located in the "Internal Development" group (probably for historical reasons), it has been open to the public since January 2018.

I'm stepping on every rake I can in this thread, huh? I was last active here prior to then, thank you for notifying me though.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...