The Dark Mod Forums

Fan Mission: A Good Neighbor (2020/03/08)

Amadeus

Yay! Had a blast beta testing this, I'm sure players will enjoy this one a lot as well!

• Like 1

My Fan Missions:

Series:                                                                           Standalone:

Chronicles of Skulduggery 0: To Catch a Thief                     The Night of Reluctant Benefaction

Chronicles of Skulduggery 1: Pearls and Swine                    Langhorne Lodge

Chronicles of Skulduggery 2: A Precarious Position              

Chronicles of Skulduggery 3: Sacricide

Congratulations on your first FM Amadeus!

I just finished playing it, took me just over an hour and damn was it a lot of good classic thieving fun! For a first release you have hit it out of the park, i'm very impressed!

The layout and flow of your mission was really well done, you had a good variety of intriguing locations and some very thoughtful puzzles and layouts. Your use of mixing standard assets and combining them into something new stood out to me too, felt very refreshing. The mission ran really well and you could feel it was well optimized, in terms of details and readables you did an excellent job. I found myself immersed in your world and was having so much fun going from location to location just exploring and reading. The mission was also a lot bigger than I thought it was going to be and

Spoiler

going down into that creepy place under the shop... holy crap! I had goosebumps, very creepy! Well done!

All over all this was an excellent mission, and for a first time mission incredibly impressive, thank you!

Also do you plan on making a sequel or another mission? because I would love to see more missions from you!

• Like 2

First of all I would like to thank you for the release of this FM on my 3 year wedding anniversary :) 

I love all Swedish names of killed guards (& Stefan) in the game too, since I'm still in Sweden ;) 

I got one problem though. I hit a snag down in the water room where the guard*  patrols in the waterworks. When I go to arm myself with a broad Arrow to shoot him in the face the game justs crashes back to the desktop. Reloaded the whole game 8 times . Glitch? I'm gonna try ghosting down there for now, but I just wanted to let you know.

Spoiler

That same guard can't be killed with the sword on the upper floor. It goes right through him. I had to run and back to my courtyard with the statue and climb up on it to get away. He through a rock, missed & said "nice trick", & walked away…  Is that supposed to happen?

So it took me 4hrs to complete it was awesome! Got only 2.2 k in loot. The only dude left alive is the guy with the pirate sword, oh and the guard in the water room.

I wanna go back

Spoiler

and find whatever is behind the bookcase in the storage room

in the Shop.

I Believe that

Spoiler

emerald

would bump up the coin score ;)

Great Mission,  Really enjoyed it :)  :)  :) 

Edited by acolyte6
  • Like 1

(Not on my machine, In Europé, but it works excellent )

My hobby built desktop is: XFX Play Hard-nVidia nForce 790i Ultra SLI

Onboard is:

CPU: Intel Socket 775

VGA: nVidia GeForce EVGA GTX-260

RAM: DDRIII 16Gb

HDD: 2 Tb

All service packs and latest drivers installed.

9 hours ago, Bienie said:

Yay! Had a blast beta testing this, I'm sure players will enjoy this one a lot as well!

Now I understand where the Swedish names came from :) 

• Like 1

Onboard is:

Thank you very much for the kind words, guys!!! I'm glad you enjoyed it! To answer you're question @Goldwell I definitely plan on making more missions following this same story/world, but for now I'm gonna take a small break and... I don't know, go outside or something, haha.

And @acolyte6, I wanted to the north to to have strong German/Swedish setting, a nice change from the grimy hive of scum and villainy that is Bridgeport. There are a few more references about that you'll be able to find. And...

good like finding out what is behind that bookcase. I don't want to spoil the fun just yet

:)

Also, I'll take a look at that guard down there.... that is pretty strange

Edited by Amadeus
  • Like 2

Very nice mission .. evereything looks just right and has it's own unique "atmosphere", I really like that the most, and the gamplay also very good and adds to that atmosphere and vica versa ofcourse.

I have to go back to find 3 more secrets now : )

• Like 1

Not bad on the loot count, STRUNK! But I won't be dishing out any juicy tidbits just yet. I want to give players at least solid week to unravel the mysteries/puzzles for themselves before I start giving out hints ;) You'll just have to wipe the dust off your spyglass and look closely

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Absolutely loving the map! So much I had to make an account just to say so!

Had a question though.

Spoiler

Found the builders note about Ajits' bracelet. Shattering knife and all that. OK, no problem, I'll pickpocket it off him. So i did. Figured that now that his magic macguffin is now in my possession he's no longer immortal and no longer can cast his fireballs. NOPE! picking the bracelet off him does nothing.

He still glows green light while searching. Still can't hurt him. And he still throw his fireballs. All the while his do-dad is in my inventory

Is this a bug? Or is he supposed to always be in "god" mode?

Let me know if that is what I'm supposed to expect.

P.S. OK people. Keep looking long and hard in the shopkeeper store. Finding whats behind the bookcase freaked me the "beep" out!

Found only 2 out of 5 secrets so far.... Loving it! 

Edited by CrustyCircuits
Trying to add spoiler tags, so as to not ruin anything for others.
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, CrustyCircuits said:

Absolutely loving the map! So much I had to make an account just to say so!

Had a question though. Found the builders note about Ajits' bracelet. Shattering knife and all that. OK, no problem, I'll pickpocket it off him. So i did. Figured that now that his magic macguffin is now in my possession he's no longer immortal and no longer can cast his fireballs. NOPE! picking the bracelet off him does nothing.

He still glows green light while searching. Still can't hurt him. And he still throw his fireballs. All the while his do-dad is in my inventory.

Is this a bug? Or is he supposed to always be in "god" mode?

Let me know if that is what I'm supposed to expect.

P.S. OK people. Keep looking long and hard in the shopkeeper store. Finding whats behind the bookcase freaked me the "eff" out!

Found only 2 out of 5 secrets so far.... Loving it! 

With the bracelet, go to

Spoiler

room #3

you'll figure it out.

Onboard is:

24 minutes ago, Filizitas said:
  Hide contents

Put magic bracelet into holy water at hammerite place. Then black jack magic dude!

or

Spoiler

kill him

:) 

Onboard is:

Hey @CrustyCircuits Welcome to the forums! I'm really glad you like the mission, thank you for playing :) Since other players have answered, I'll just say that it is definitely not a bug! Also, so other players don't accidentally get spoiled would you mind editing your post so that it uses spoiler tags. Thanks, hope you enjoy the rest of it!

Edited by Amadeus
  • Like 1

Have just started playing but am extremely impressed so far. Some of the effects I've never seen before in TDM missions and they are a definite step up from the norm. If we continue to keep releasing missions of this caliber, 2020 is shaping up nicely!

• Like 1

Hi
I need some help.

Spoiler

I can't figure out what to do in waterworks. I started as it was written in the book, turned main power and door control levers, opened hatch 3, got inside... From there I managed to get to the inns basement where the safe is, but I still don't know how to turn power on to open safe.

Hey Piotr! 

I'm not gonna give too much away, but the light above the vault should be green, if so, there is yet another step you need to take as per Boris' journal, check there)

• Like 1