The Dark Mod Forums

Lethal door handles

I don't know if this is properly thought of as a bug in DR or TDM itself but, since the fix is probably easiest to implement in DR, I will put it here.

Can the door prefabs be made so that their door handle component inherits the spawnarg "is_mantleable 0"?

When trying to mantle on top of certain open doors, particularly the 56x128 one, sometimes you catch the door handle instead of the top of the door. When this happens you get stuck for a few seconds and then take millions of points of falling damage.

This should only apply to the knobs, not to the door itself; I know of one or two missions where perching on top of an open door lets you get to hard-to-reach places.

🙂

edit: I should also add that it's still possible to kill yourself with a door, sometimes you still catch the handle, but after jumping around at it from all angles for hours I'm confident it happens far less frequently after I turned off the mantleable for the handles

Edited by thebigh
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

My missions:           Stand-alone                                                      Duncan Lynch series                              

Down and Out on Newford Road              the Factory Heist

A House Call

The House of deLisle                                                                                                  

• 2 months later...

It has not happened to me either, although it will be real, if you slip over the door with your legs on both sides, the damage of a million would be explainable, also if you jump over the knob that breaks due to your weight, it can open easily when you fall femural artery. I don't have other explications.

Sys Specs Laptop Lenovo V145 15AST, AMD A9- 9425 Radeon R5 - 5 cores 3,1 GHz  RAM 8Gb, GPU 1+2 Gb -Win10 64 v21H2

Favorite online apps you may like too 😉

It's possibly a consequence of the new jumping and mantling tweaks introduced in 2.08? That's just a guess though. All I know is, in my Christmas Contest level mantling onto a door lets you parkour to an area you'd otherwise need crates to reach. It's a 128x56 and jumping at it face on sometimes causes me to stick.

My missions:           Stand-alone                                                      Duncan Lynch series                              

Down and Out on Newford Road              the Factory Heist

A House Call

The House of deLisle