The Dark Mod Forums

Resident Evil 1-3 Bundle at GOG

chakkman

To whom it may concern: A bundle with Resident Evil 1-3 (the originals, not the remakes/remasters) is available to buy now at GOG: https://www.gog.com/de/game/resident_evil_bundle

Note though that Resident Evil 2 and 3 will be released "soon", so far, the only game you can play from the bundle is Resident Evil 1.

Haven't played Resident Evil 2 and 3 since the Playstation 1 days about 25 years ago, so, I'm eager to play them again, especially as I remember that especially Resident Evil 2 was excellent. :) 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Not sure about RE2 and RE3 (it's been a long time since I played them...), but, Resident Evil 1 has real actors in the FMVs, yes. :D They give a real B movie vibe.

Edited by chakkman
  • Haha 1

I've never actually played any of the Resident Evil games, ever.  Is it worth getting them for the experience?  What kind of game is it? What will the controls be like (i.e. will mouse/keyboard work I don't do controllers)?

I tried watching the video on the GOG site but all I saw was that cheesy intro movie for RE1.

TDM Community Github: https://github.com/thedarkmodcommunity

My fan missions: The Hare in the Snare, Part 1

The Lieutenant Series: In Plain Sight  High Expectations Foreign Affairs

Posted (edited)

They're survival style horror themed action adventures with a lot of puzzles. You move your 3D playable character through static backgrounds, like in old school adventure games, solve environmental puzzles, or have to look for keys to proceed. You can play the games with a controller (most modern controllers are supported by the GOG versions of the games), or you can use the keyboard (which frankly is a bit fiddle, I like the controller operation better).

Note that only the first part is available so far, the other ones will come in the course of this year.

I used to play the first 3 parts on Playstation, back in the days. It was one of the most played video game series (alongside Tomb Riader) on PS1 back then.

Edited by chakkman
  • Like 1