The Dark Mod Forums

Just A Necklace Of Noblewoman

TYROT

Dear TEAM

After talking to springhell i wanted to focus on the necklace of noblewoman before dealing with her face modelling...so. Im still working on the model... hopefully i will upload soon...

The necklace itself is a small box at the same time. You might use this kind of (little CELTIC little FABERGE )objects in your levels...

"The rope" will be different i know there are some jaggy stuff over there. It wont have this jaggy part.

And dont worry i know it s kind of big and it s NOT on her neck. still :)

best...

post-5-1102608485.jpg

"The rope" will be different i know there are some jaggy stuff over there. It wont have this jaggy part.

And dont worry i know it s kind of big and it s NOT on her neck. still :)

We could use this for a priestess or such. The size would be ok for that purpose.

It looks quite beautifull. :)

I really can't believe that we managed to get the best modelers for our mod. Really! :)

Gerhard

Heck, if you're going to put that much quailty and detail into the necklace, I can't wait to see the rest of her B) You'll be able to convert that pretty much intact using an alpha map as well.

Civillisation will not attain perfection until the last stone, from the last church, falls on the last priest.

- Emil Zola

character models site

Wow, what will that do to our poly count?? I was assuming we would use normal maps for all the small details like that. :)

dear TEAM:)

Thanks sparhawk actually your idea is great. Who knows may be we could our levels this kind of puzzle boxes or something... But i very very like that priest kind of idea.

New Horizon, it s really an amazing mod. Everyone amazing here. This is my first MOD i hope it will be the last one..Cuz i believe, from this MOD we will go to next level. I mean i cant still believe this team. And Think about all the team is coming to same building everyday. I think we would shake some grounds on gaming world.. :)

and all mighty oDDity, your works inspiring me and guiding me to force my modelling skills.......rest of her... mmm... i really do not know how it s gonna be. I was in the different side of modelling and 3d animation . Joining this MOD has changed so many stuff in my head.

and dear TEAM :)

if you lack of inspiration and everything im giving this link... please please and please..... take a look. Probably so many of them knowing this BEKSINSKI guy.. He is awesome polish surreal (and more) painter... His works will help you to not sleep, not to eat..constant hallucinations...and artistic TRAUMA...I guarentee that.

You might remember the movie called "THE CATHEDRAL" A polish animator guy made this movie in couple of years... After i watched it. I felt "oh my GOD" I mean not the animation but the artistic vision was enormously advanced. I mean i was asking myself .."ok this fella is a genius but how come he got this inspiration for creating such an amazing artwork. He was so young too for that kind of vision.."

and after I was reading the interview with him, he said this two word.

" Zdzislaw Beksinski. " ....Then i understood that the fella has the INSPIRATIONAL HEAVEN.

so that s why i wanted to share this guy with you...

And if you dont know him...please Fasten your seatbelts, take a good breath, think about all detail maniac painters (even HR. Bosch) and click this link...

http://www.gnosis.art.pl/iluminatornia/szt...w_beksinski.htm

his website is also awesome. But please click the upper link first.

http://www.beksinski.pl

ahh yes .. we were talking about woman....what woman .. :)

best....... BESTINSKI :)

(note.. yes we will make the same thing with maps. Actually we will USE maps. But who knows we may use this detailed versions in cutscenes...i hope .. :) )

Edited by sparhawk

Heh, my friend had a book of beksinski art work, it inspired a few ideas in me as well. I love his image of the flute player.

Whoops, it's actually a trumpet

Would be cool to have this guy in-game with an eerie flute tune. :)Some kind of haunt or such. Instead of attacking he plays the flute which could influence the player movements.

Gerhard

Yeah, how old is this art? Can we use it? I think it would look awesome in some mansion or mage's tower.

And kinda like The Ring, where the freaky girl crawls out of the TV screen.

I knew that most people woul;d be reminded of Harry Potter, but the idea is much older than that. :) The Ring was a rather good movie. :)

Funny thing is that I watched it on SVCD and our DVD player has a bug. It playes wrong colours with (S)VCDs only (DVDs are ok). And we thought that this was the way to go with The Ring. These wrong colors made the movie even more strange and frightening. Great experience. I watched it after some time on DVD again and it was really boring after that.

Gerhard