The Dark Mod Forums

Furniture Models By Atti

_Atti_

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hmm.i've dowloaded the lowres version you made from the hires and found gaps on the back of the shelf..maybe thats the problem

i mean i know its for saving polys but i dont know if d3 can handle it..just remember the leak error if you leave gaps on rooms..(or wtf:) )

edit: found another one of these gaps..in that case its a bug:) because it would be visible in-game too..

post-5-1102888461.jpg

Edited by _Atti_

hmm.i've dowloaded the lowres version you made from the hires and found gaps on the back of the shelf..maybe thats the problem

i mean i know its for saving polys but i dont know if d3 can handle it..just remember the leak error if you leave gaps on rooms..(or wtf:) )

Your models may not have any gaps. D3 wont handle such models. It als can't have single polygons with double sided texturing.

Gerhard

Hehe, rubbish)

THere is no problem with one sided polys at all. The picture frame I showed a few days ago is onesided - look at it from the other side and you can't see it. No proble for doom at all.

Models do not have to be airtight. a doublesided poly plain is also no problm, doom just ignores the other side and renders a onesided plain.

I've tested this.

Civillisation will not attain perfection until the last stone, from the last church, falls on the last priest.

- Emil Zola

character models site

edit: found another one of these gaps..in that case its a bug:) because it would be visible in-game too..

yeah, I also noticed some gaps and fixed them myself. I've to look after those edges this afternoon, but if I can't find it I'll send the textures and the model to you or oDDity, because it'd be faster to redo the whole model instead of checking each edge...

Did you normal map the textus as well - that wood texture could do witha good strong bump. The settings I use are 9x9 and scale 6 for the nvidia plugin.

Still, it's loong very nice.

Edited by oDDity

Civillisation will not attain perfection until the last stone, from the last church, falls on the last priest.

- Emil Zola

character models site

i just think the wood carving could stand out a little more with a stronger normal map - what setting do you use?

edit: of course, it's hard to judge from a still, I'd need to see it ongame, is it on the FTP?

I'm making a folder on the FTP for finished, game ready models only.

Edited by oDDity

- Emil Zola

character models site

Looks great, BT! I agree with oDDity that the normalmap for the wood might look better if it were a bit stronger. I think you're right about the height...it should probably be about a foot higher or so, so that you have to look up at the top shelf.

I think you're right about the height...it should probably be about a foot higher or so, so that you have to look up at the top shelf.

We should have differently sized shelves anways. Some waistheight, some like this and some very large ones suitable for libraries. And we should probably have some varieties on the textures with cuts and such.

Gerhard