The Dark Mod Forums

Show me the Mappies!

DigitalNapalm

Beta mappers... I'm sure I speak for a huge chink of the community when I say... WTF is going on with your stuff? Since TDM is rolling out soon (holiday time?) I was wondering if we could get some screenies of your glorious work. Posted (links or something of the sort) here in this thread. I've played the alpha map. And it made me smile... alot. So if its cool with New Horizon, I'd like to see a (sticky?) home for showing off your work. Just so we can pee our pants with even more excitement than is already out there.

EDIT: Since NH said no... Come tell the community about campaigns and maps you already have in the works! We're dying to know what you have cooking! jdude's post below is adequate. Just give us a taste. Something. Please.

Edited by DigitalNapalm

We never set an official date for release, only a 'potential' Beta release date (December 2008) and we've already discussed publicly that we're not going to make that target. We update the main site (www.thedarkmod.com) regularly, so nobody should be completely in the dark. ;)

As far as screen shots, we try to only release them officially on the main site. I'm sure we'll have more to show and tell in the coming weeks.

Beta mappers... I'm sure I speak for a huge chink of the community when I say... WTF is going on with your stuff? Since TDM is rolling out soon (holiday time?) I was wondering if we could get some screenies of your glorious work. Posted (links or something of the sort) here in this thread. I've played the alpha map. And it made me smile... alot. So if its cool with New Horizon, I'd like to see a (sticky?) home for showing off your work. Just so we can pee our pants with even more excitement than is already out there.

We've been hard at work and have a lot of awesome stuff made :) Unfortunately we don't have the clearance to post pics because they may have unannounced content. Also some of us want players to wait until the mod release so you can be surprised!

I'm sure this pic will help you understand how busy we've been. It's a pic from a map I've made, but scrapped unfortunately:

82275682ga2.th.jpg

Yup, there are a good few of us steadily working on stuff, posting in the internal forums about issue and things. Between us and the more official main mappers, there should be a good strong handful of cool missions ready for the mod release (probably around next summer)

shadowdark50.gif keep50.gif

the mod release (probably around next summer)

That's northern hemisphere summer, for the smart-asses and Australians in the audience. ;)

I do realise it's frustrating to not be able to see what's going on from the outside!

It's been said before and is worth repeating that this place is like ananthill. Just today there have been over 100 posts in the forum. (That's an estimate from here - I'm not sure whether that's a 24 hour rolling average, or if not when the starting time is. Presumably server midnight but I'm not sure of the server's time zone.) And this hasn't been an unusually busy day.

My games | Public Service Announcement: TDM is not set in the Thief universe. The city in which it takes place is not the City from Thief. The player character is not called Garrett. Any person who contradicts these facts will be subjected to disapproving stares.

Whoops, I get the feeling I'm posting too much.

Blame my bosses for not blocking modetwo.net.

Come to work for my boss - I am not allowed to do private stuff on company time :D

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man." -- George Bernard Shaw (1856 - 1950)

"Remember: If the game lets you do it, it's not cheating." -- Xarax

Whoops, I get the feeling I'm posting too much.

Not at all. :) Your posts tend to be among the more productive.

My games | Public Service Announcement: TDM is not set in the Thief universe. The city in which it takes place is not the City from Thief. The player character is not called Garrett. Any person who contradicts these facts will be subjected to disapproving stares.