I Would Be Happy To Host Your Releases

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 calimer

calimer

• PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 05:58 PM

Howdy, this is calimer from the Doom 3 Mod Last Man Standing Coop and I'd be more than happy to help you all host your files. Upload it to sendspace or wherever and send a link to PlatinumArts@gmail.com and I'd be happy to host it on my site http://FunFreeGamesHQ.com and of course write some nice news up about each release. I don't have bandwidth limitations so it won't be a problem for me to host it. Awesome work and I can't wait to check it out! Take care :D
-mike
  • Obsttorte likes this

#2 Bikerdude

Bikerdude

Mod hero

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18745 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 06:03 PM

At the moment we are swamped, so the best thing I can suggest for right now atleast is if you can seed the torrent we have setup.

http://www.moddb.com...ndalone-torrent

We will take you up on your offer when things calm down a bit.

#3 calimer

calimer

• PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 06:16 PM

Sounds great, just let me know! No pressure of course, I just like helping out :)

#4 calimer

calimer

• PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 07:56 PM

I'm still seeding it but I also uploaded it to my webpage for if you guys ever want/need to give out the link :)
http://www.funfreega...-game-downloads

#5 Serpentine

Serpentine

Uber member

• Active Developer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2903 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 08:11 PM

Thank you :)

We're winning the euro-torrent seeding war at the moment :) (In no small part due to some guy who is seeding on 400mbit, bastard swedes!)
Hopefully US is doing ok, I don't see many leechers from there... mmm.

#6 calimer

calimer

• PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 08:19 PM

I'll be keeping mine up for a while so at least that should be one and I have a fast connection rate so hope it helps!!

#7 AluminumHaste

AluminumHaste

Darkmod Contributor

• Development Role
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5886 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 08:32 PM

I got 100Mbit up here, but I just ran the torrent and was only uploading at 400KB/s, so not much going on, there's more seeders than leechers now.

I always assumed I'd taste like boot leather.

#8 calimer

calimer

• PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 08:35 PM

Strange mine is uploading at 1MB/S. Not sure how fast my connection is but I know they upped it recently. That's great though at least that there are enough seeders :D

#9 nbohr1more

nbohr1more

Darkmod PR, Wordsmith

• Development Role
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8045 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 04:39 PM

Thanks for this. I was able to upload to moddb in less that 15 minutes :) (now we wait for them to authorize it...)
Please visit TDM's IndieDB site and help promote the mod:

http://www.indiedb.c...ds/the-dark-mod

(Yeah, shameless promotion... but traffic is traffic folks...)

#10 calimer

calimer

• PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 11:07 AM

Awesome, glad I could help :D

#11 greebo

greebo

Heroic Coder

• Root
  • 15977 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 02:08 PM

Hey calimer,

is it possible you could provide us with about 3 GB of HDD space and an FTP account for uploading our stuff? And if yes, how much bandwidth would we be allowed to burn?

#12 calimer

calimer

• PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 02:35 PM

I'll have to look into the FTP account because right now the FTP account for the page is what links to ALL my other webpages. I'm not sure if I can make it just for one folder but I can look into it. However I can easily give you 3 gigs worth of space on there or more and you can burn as much bandwidth as you want though if you plan on burning a lot it would be nice to give my site a little mention somewhere. Also if for some reason giving you your own FTP doesn't work out you can always get me the files and I can upload them. That would be super easy for me to do. Also I could potentially host your SVN if you'd like. Take care!
-mike

EDIT - An idea I just thought of is especially if I'm hosting the SVN we could make a branch/sidefolder of stuff you want me to upload to the site so you could upload it through the SVN and I could post it on the site like that for download and/or give you the link to post on your site.

EDIT 2 - I could even potentially set up an SVN just for you guys to use to send stuff to me, that would be infinitely easier for me than having to worry about setting up an FTP

Edited by calimer, 11 October 2013 - 03:37 PM.

#13 greebo

greebo

Heroic Coder

• Root
  • 15977 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 01:31 AM

It's of course ok if you upload the files manually. Do you have TDM checked out on your end? That would include most PK4 files, but there are a few more files that need to be hosted, I can PM you a list of the necessary files.

#14 calimer

calimer

• PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 02:09 AM

I'm a little under the weather but I should have things set up for you tomorrow :) If not Sunday at the latest. Take care!
-mike

#15 calimer

calimer

• PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 12:48 PM

http://funfreegamesh...medownloads/tdm

Also I was thinking I have a site http://makeagamefree.com and it seems like The Dark Mod could definitely go on the free game engine list especially with all of your work on Dark Radiant. Also feel free to give my site http://SandboxGameMaker.com some love too if you want, it is a free game maker being used in schools all over the world. I think you should be all set though on my end, let me know if I need to do anything else :) Take care!
-mike

#16 greebo

greebo

Heroic Coder

• Root
  • 15977 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 01:10 PM

Cool, thanks! I deleted a PK4 file from my test installation and it was retrieved from your mirror just fine.

Is there some sort of bandwidth limitation we need to keep an eye on?

#17 calimer

calimer

• PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 01:11 PM

Nope! Unless you intend to go super crazy on bandwidth use it should be no problem!

#18 greebo

greebo

Heroic Coder

• Root
  • 15977 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 01:44 PM

Well, we burned down 3 mirrors by using up 1-2 TB of traffic each. If that is not a problem for your mirror, everything's safe.

#19 calimer

calimer

• PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 01:52 PM

No problem at all :)

#20 Serpentine

Serpentine

Uber member

• Active Developer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2903 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 02:15 PM

Sweet :)
The new hosts have brought my send-q's down to reasonable numbers, so hopefully people are getting less erratic speeds from ol waffles.

Still maxing my upload, about 1.1tb per day, so each normal host adds around 500-550 completed downloads per day.
Today:
               current        peak           total
    re0   in   338.730 KB/s   386.033 KB/s   13.849 GB
          out  12.530 MB/s    13.248 MB/s    604.569 GB

And unique downloaders who have done 4+ large files from me in the last 40 hours: 4577

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users