• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Langfinger Dave

Langfinger Dave

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 17 May 2018 - 12:21 AM

Hey guys

If i end a mission in the dark mod and i cant read the statistic. i see only 0 everywhere and i dont know why  :( i get this bug in every Missions.

Here is a screenshot of these bug

Link: Google Drive

I hope someone can help me to fix it :)

Btw i installed already The dark Mod new but it doesnt help, i playend on 2.05 and 2.06 (64bit)

Greetings

PS: sorry for my bad english  :unsure:

#2 Springheel

Springheel

Creative Director (retired)

• Admin
  • 37446 posts

Posted 17 May 2018 - 07:31 AM

Huh, never seen that before.  Windows or Linux?

TDM Missions:   A Score to Settle   *   A Reputation to Uphold   *   A New Job   *    A Matter of Hours

Video Series:   Springheel's Modules   *   Speedbuild Challenge   *   New Mappers Workshop  *   Building Traps

#3 Langfinger Dave

Langfinger Dave

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 17 May 2018 - 08:42 AM

Hi Springheel ^_^

i'm using Windows 10

#4 nbohr1more

nbohr1more

Darkmod PR, Wordsmith

• Development Role
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9101 posts

Posted 17 May 2018 - 09:15 AM

Hmm.

If you quick-save during the mission, does the problem happen?

Have you made sure that your darkmod directory is not read-only and has user permissions?

Please visit TDM's IndieDB site and help promote the mod:

http://www.indiedb.c...ds/the-dark-mod

(Yeah, shameless promotion... but traffic is traffic folks...)

#5 freyk

freyk

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 715 posts

Posted 17 May 2018 - 10:27 AM

addition to nbohr1more post:

right-click on the dark mod folder, uncheck read-only. Then select tab "Security" to give all users full acces (or some of it).

Edited by freyk, 17 May 2018 - 10:27 AM.

#6 Langfinger Dave

Langfinger Dave

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 17 May 2018 - 12:19 PM

hi nbohr1more & freyk

thanks for your suggestion but it doesnt work

i give my tdm folder full users access and the folder was already "not read-only"

i trying it with anothers fms but the another fms had the same statistic problem^^

-greetings

PS: thanks for help :)

#7 nbohr1more

nbohr1more

Darkmod PR, Wordsmith

• Development Role
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9101 posts

Posted 17 May 2018 - 12:32 PM

Hmm.

Please post your Darkmod.cfg

#8 Langfinger Dave

Langfinger Dave

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 17 May 2018 - 02:06 PM

sure :)

here:

i uploaded it on Google Drive

and post it here

Spoiler

#9 nbohr1more

nbohr1more

Darkmod PR, Wordsmith

• Development Role
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9101 posts

Posted 17 May 2018 - 02:18 PM

2.06 beta eh?

Let's get the latest build that was released today.

For reference, there is a Statistics issue but I have not heard of it being as severe as what's happening here:

http://bugs.thedarkm...iew.php?id=4222

#10 Langfinger Dave

Langfinger Dave

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 17 May 2018 - 02:24 PM

i had 2.05 and 2.06 on my pc and 2.05 had the same problem^^

i think this game dont like my pc  :( 

2.05 darkmod.cfg

Spoiler

but thank for helping me^^

Edited by Langfinger Dave, 17 May 2018 - 02:26 PM.

#11 demagogue

demagogue

Mod hero

• Active Developer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5415 posts

Posted 18 May 2018 - 01:43 AM

Is there anything at all non-typical about how the game is installed or playing, e.g., are you playing it off a USB drive or an external hard drive? Have you ever played with any of the files or is it in the same state as when you first installed it? For that matter, did you do a fresh re-install in case some files got deleted or changed? Have you always had this problem from the first time you played the game, or is it something new that occurred after a certain date (and if the latter, what kinds of things might have happened around that time)? I was going to ask about file permissions (that's caused other problems), but the others covered that.

The stats are computed in the source code and then handed over to the external gui file that makes up the stat screen. So as I understand it, since I doubt you changed the souce code without realizing it, there's either a problem with the source handing the data over to the gui (that kind of problem is above my pay grade) or the gui file itself is broken, which sounds more plausible if you've been toying with files.

Posted Image

#12 Langfinger Dave

Langfinger Dave

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 18 May 2018 - 11:12 AM

Hi Demagogue  :D

Is there anything at all non-typical about how the game is installed or playing, e.g., are you playing it off a USB drive or an external hard drive? 

I installed tdm normal in this path: I:\Spiele\Thief\The Dark Mod i'm playing it on HDD.

Have you ever played with any of the files or is it in the same state as when you first installed it?

its the same state of a fresh installation. i dont know how i cant change it. :)

For that matter, did you do a fresh re-install in case some files got deleted or changed?

yes i do a fresh installation but before i do an fresh installation i uninstall it first then i check the old tdm folder if there are still files available then i delete it!  for a 100% fresh installation

Have you always had this problem from the first time you played the game, or is it something new that occurred after a certain date (and if the latter, what kinds of things might have happened around that time)?

i get the problem first time with the version 2.05 but only if I have completed a FM with max loot then if i play it again i get the bug.

greetings :)

PS: I hope you understand because my english is bad  :ph34r:

Edited by Langfinger Dave, 18 May 2018 - 11:13 AM.

#13 s.urfer

s.urfer

• PipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 20 May 2018 - 02:18 AM

"i get the problem first time with the version 2.05 but only if I have completed a FM with max loot then if i play it again i get the bug."

I did a couple of quick runs through closemouthed shadows and I could reproduce the bug!

After finishing with 100% loot, I uninstalled the mission, installed it again, run it again and all statistics were zero...

TDM 2.05 Win7

[edit]

Did a couple more runs, uninstalling is not necessary, I'll get the bug when just running it again.

If I pull up a savegame and finish it, the statistics are OK.

Edited by s.urfer, 20 May 2018 - 02:29 AM.

• Langfinger Dave likes this

#14 demagogue

demagogue

Mod hero

• Active Developer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5415 posts

Posted 20 May 2018 - 04:10 AM

So for clarity, it's not everytime you get max loot that you get the bug, only sometimes, right?

Finding out what the extra variable is in combination with max loot that causes the bug would really help. Any idea how the bad run thru may have been different than the others?

edit. In terms of Lang's problem though, it appears for now someone can just send him saved games of the FMs he's broken to reset them and get rid of the bug. Is that correct?
Posted Image

#15 s.urfer

s.urfer

• PipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 20 May 2018 - 05:46 AM

The mission isn't broken, sending a savegame from another person would defeat the purpose, I reckon.

The bug only  seems to happen, if you already have completed a mission with 100% loot and play it again. I did a couple more runs, changing the difficulty doesn't help, it doesn't matter if you get full loot on the replay, get hurt or whatnot.

The workaround for Dave would be saving the game early in the replay, quitting the mission, pulling up the savegame again.

At least that's what I did gather from my runs, I'm not going to touch closemouthed shadows for quite a while now ;)

#16 grayman

grayman

Master Builder, Coder

• Active Developer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12727 posts

Posted 20 May 2018 - 10:58 AM

For reference, there is a Statistics issue but I have not heard of it being as severe as what's happening here:

http://bugs.thedarkm...iew.php?id=4222

4222 was a thought that went through my head a while back about whether there could be a more accurate way of registering alerts.

I never followed through on it, due to RL and no one else bringing it up.

Working on 4222 is not in the cards for 2.06, because it's a whole design change, and I haven't even proven to myself that there's a real problem. 4222 was more of a "let me get this down before I forget about it" event.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: statistic, bug

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users