moddb

ungoliant

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't let Tels get you down, NB.

That was never my intention -_-

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man." -- George Bernard Shaw (1856 - 1950)

"Remember: If the game lets you do it, it's not cheating." -- Xarax

Well, perhaps they wont vote for some silly pop-culture meme like they did last year. It can't be that thrilling to spoil the vote twice can it?

(Maybe we can include pirate voices and the techno-remix of Lazy Town's "I am a Pirate" into the mod and have all of 4chan voting like crazy?)

I am going to get to work on an article that will inform the moddb audience how much more work Thief style game-play is to create than your typical zombie co-op mod. (It will probably be ignored, ...where are them purty pictures :laugh: ).

Edited by nbohr1more

Please visit TDM's IndieDB site and help promote the mod:

http://www.indiedb.com/mods/the-dark-mod

(Yeah, shameless promotion... but traffic is traffic folks...)

Well, perhaps they wont vote for some silly pop-culture meme like they did last year. It can't be that thrilling to spoil the vote twice can it?

(Maybe we can include pirate voices and the techno-remix of Lazy Town's "I am a Pirate" into the mod and have all of 4chan voting like crazy?)

I am going to get to work on an article that will inform the moddb audience how much more work Thief style game-play is to create than your typical zombie co-op mod. (It will probably be ignored, ...where are them purty pictures :laugh: ).

The problem is with their voting system. You can vote for multiple mods, so even if say 1000 people vote for TDM (and only 100 people for any other mod max), as soon as the people who vote for TDM *also* vote for their other favourite mods, they push them in rank, too.

You can only win there if you outrank any other mod by a wide margin. Technically, that should lead to a split between the 17 zombie mods (because fans of zombies vote for all of them), but then TDM could only win if *more* people whote for TDM than vote for ZombieMod#123. And since you can easily vote for both, that will never happen, I think they would still outvote TDM by a factor of 10.

I mean, look at some of the silly HL mods with only a few screenshots and they have more visitors in a month then we have overall..

Ah well, back to work..

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man." -- George Bernard Shaw (1856 - 1950)

• 1 month later...

Visited just now moddb. It is nice to have updates and such.

But there was this video on the noblewoman. Videos are good, but this particular video might not be the best TDM ad. I mean the noblewoman just stands there and screams about thief and seems a bit bugged. "Oh please help" and there she just stands and does nothing.

Maybe remove that video or replace it with more functional looking situation: noblewoman walking about or even escaping when she sees the player. That might be better advertisement.

Or is it just me?

Clipper

-The mapper's best friend.

Yes. You are correct. I was trying to have some v1.03 feature video up but I didn't have time to setup pathing... (also it appears that their video converter darkens or reduces the available color palette... <_< )

I am planning to make another one soon. If someone wants to save me some time and setup a small map... ;)

• 4 weeks later...

Whatever is going on - our download stats on moddb are strange:

post-144-129651246968_thumb.png

I wonder if this is a byproduct of the reported corrupted file in the upload. I haven't have time to verify and re-upload the repaired file (if necessary). Some downloader tool is just retrying over and over again?

Edit:

I also understand that moddb has been under DDOS attacks lately. I wonder if The Dark Mod is being used to kill Moddb resources because of it's size...

Edited by nbohr1more

According to Google, recent 4chan activity? (A recommendation from someone looking for a stealth game...)

4chan.chan4chan.com/v/res/85434354

:unsure:

According to Google, recent 4chan activity? (A recommendation from someone looking for a stealth game...)

4chan.chan4chan.com/v/res/85434354

:unsure:

That just redirects me to a 4chan proxy page?

Any way, fun link of the day:

http://www.google.com/search?q=the+dark+mod&hl=en&tbs=tl:1&prmd=ivns&source=lnt&sa=X&ei=_aVHTZPyBYOTswbi8aWHAw&ved=0CB8QpwUoBA

Who knew google did our timeline better than we? :D

http://www.tdm.co.za/

Traditional values are important to us at TDM - the values of craftsmanship, quality, integrity and a genuine concern for our environment.

LOL!