Farrell, The Thief

oDDity

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

That will be the default idle stance. Skulking. It looks like the TDS model only in the fact he has a dark grey hood, but that's pretty much an essential part of any thief model.

Civillisation will not attain perfection until the last stone, from the last church, falls on the last priest.

- Emil Zola

character models site

I just had a warm fuzzy: whatever all happens in the video (dunno, haven't seen it!), at the end, right before a quick cut to black and dramatic title shot, the camera quickly, closely (not too close) pans up that frikken player model standing up high on some perch with the sky behind him.

People will be like,

"Dude, that's in-game!"

"No it's not, you twat; it's obviously pre rendered."

"Guess you haven't seen oDDity's models??"

"Fuck off, that's not possible. It's a CUTSCENE, MORON."

"I'm telling you, that's an IN GAME SHOT. And your mother is a..."

and then it'll erupt into a publicity war of epic proportions. It should be juuuust brief and obscured enough that it's a teaser, and people will think, "wait a second..." :wub:

That looks amazing odd, but my one critique is: How is that Bow attached to him? Usually when you transport a bow on your back, it's compressed into a single stick-like thing, or slung over the shoulder via the bowstring.

It's nestled in between his back and the quiver, which comes diagonally across his back. It should be lower down than that, but it has more visual impact the way it is now.

Civillisation will not attain perfection until the last stone, from the last church, falls on the last priest.

- Emil Zola

character models site

It's nestled in between his back and the quiver, which comes diagonally across his back. It should be lower down than that, but it has more visual impact the way it is now.

Now that you mention it, it does look strange for it to be that high up. You can see that the middle part of it isn't attached to anything; the center of mass is definitely above the attachment point, and to me that looks really awkward like it would be flopping around all the time rather than staying more or less in place. Personally I can sacrifice some visual impact for a more believable look of having it attached further down.

@Dave: I think something showing the playermodel would be cool if possible. We could set it up very quickly by just posing the playermodel the way we want and plopping him ingame as a separate object like Odd has done with other models, then we could just go into noclip mode and fly up to him, no need to take time to do a real cinematic even.

@Dave: I think something showing the playermodel would be cool if possible. We could set it up very quickly by just posing the playermodel the way we want and plopping him ingame as a separate object like Odd has done with other models, then we could just go into noclip mode and fly up to him, no need to take time to do a real cinematic even.

If it's ingame, and I can get the footage out before the film reaches the 'final' cut. I'll definately try to put something in there. :)