The Dark Mod Forums

Finishing my missions

Garreth

ditto. This is normal Garreth. It's calculating the pathfinding which it only does when you have AI in the map. Leave it running. It might take 5 to 15 minutes depending on PC plus size and complexity of the maps. Only worry if it's still hanging after 30 minutes.

I am worrying, it hangs after an hour

And i am not gona leave it behind i did more work on it, fences, info poles, cannon kill border system :) instead of no draw solids around the road.

so i am gona keep trying till i find the problem delete all trees heaps and re do and re test it over and over.

And jeez how do i color the glass..

Also i have a readable problem with it looking for a { but it finds a < i tryed to put a { but the editor is not taking that sighn, also it refers to the previous name of the map even though i renamed it to 1 for quick testing.

So the readables do not cope with map name change?

Lets get cracking on those trees.

Also i would like mist, but particle are out the question i guess, i couldent even get em to work, neither did the textures. i do have the graphics on the lowest setting but i do not see how that could influence it;

Taf you, you taffin taffer

I seem to have a leak on entity 161 it apears to be a speaker

then i go to map _ find brush, entity number i give in 161 it selects the player_exit i delete the exit, and speaker 5 turned back into speaker 4

even though the exit was a info_tdm_objective_location named player_exit

I tested it, still leaked node without a volume.

Entity reached from outside speaker 4

flooded leafs....

I need sleeeep.

Keeps leaking on entity 161 even though there is none, Yeah il just throw this map in the trash, i think that would fix it for good. il make the enterance where he falls from the wall in the yard that will be the beginning then. ph34r.gif

Edited by Garreth

• 2 months later...

You guy's thought i was dead dint you :)

Just Found the error, a speaker that was not shown on the linefile before i reinstalled everything, realy strange, but it is fixed and working, thank god. And i have all new hardware now, no more building restrictions for me :)

Not dead just having a little lie down. =-P

Always like hearing people making progress in their maps!

"No proposition Euclid wrote,

No formulae the text-books know,

Will turn the bullet from your coat,

Or ward the tulwar's downward blow

Strike hard who cares—shoot straight who can—

The odds are on the cheaper man."

From 'Arithmetic on the Frontier' by Rudyard Kipling

Im sick of it, i get a linefile pointing to nothing, some leak it is not the box, everything is nice wrapped, but still it leaks and the linefile points from a random obj to nothing inside the skybox.

I delete the obj it just takes another.

Next bug, under worldspawn there is a - this stripe is all there is and i cannot delete that property.

I have no backups that dont have it since i moved stuff around trying to fix the leak.

I am a step away from abandoning it all without the enterance it would just not be the same.

If someone can take a look at the worldspawn, and all

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=YXZKZZ2P

Edited by Garreth

Next bug, under worldspawn there is a - this stripe is all there is and i cannot delete that property.

Fixed that one issue <here> Garreth.

[Edit: link removed, PM if still of need]

Edited by fllood

"To rush is without doubt the most important enemy of joy" ~ Thieves Saying

I am back baby :mellow: , well now i was trying to see if the level change was working so i made all the stuff quick in a .pk4 and put it in a map called the_doom_book i put it in the fms map to find out it is not apearing in the list, not even after refresh, i have no clue where the problem lies, is it the Zip ? it was zipped with 7z as a zip file, then i put the .pk4 extension behind it.

http://www.2shared.c...om_Bookpk4.html

It should change map, the readables are not working yet and the 2nd part has no exit yet. for the rest it should work, but needs alot of trimming and ai scripting and all that. but i will leave that till the end.

If i can test the map change and splash screens and all that i would be a happy man.

Also i read on the wiki that Each map needs its own xdata block with the briefing

xdata block? Is that a xdata file???

Edited by Garreth

I am back baby :mellow: , well now i was trying to see if the level change was working so i made all the stuff quick in a .pk4 and put it in a map called the_doom_book i put it in the fms map to find out it is not apearing in the list, not even after refresh, i have no clue where the problem lies, is it the Zip ? it was zipped with 7z as a zip file, then i put the .pk4 extension behind it.

http://www.2shared.c...om_Bookpk4.html

The uploaded file is a zip file called "The_Doom_Book.pk4".

If you are on Windows Xp (should be something similar in Win 7) uncheck the option for hiding extension of the known type files (Control Panel -> Folder Options -> View -> Hidden files and folders -> Hide extensions for known file types).

The best webcomic ever: http://www.gunnerkrigg.com/index2.php

A friend of mine's project (steampunk web browser rpg): http://www.indiegogo.com/project-e

No, the mission is not displayed in the darkmod mission window, something is wrong but i can't figure it out. it should just show up in the dark mod... i wanted to make new splash screens and test the mapchange and briefings, for the campaighn.