The Dark Mod Forums

"The Tears of Saint Lucia" video walkthrough

Helios Apollo

Woa! I've never seen someone get the key like that. Very cool! I'm glad you like he map.

I noticed you missed some parts,

at 5:35, you can walk through the vines, there's a kitchen after the dining hall and the catacombs at the elevator.

But great video! :)

Woa! I've never seen someone get the key like that. Very cool! I'm glad you like he map.

Hah, cool to see someone replicated my climb :)

Btw, there is an arrow (I think water) in the pub at the start in the hole in the wall :)

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man." -- George Bernard Shaw (1856 - 1950)

"Remember: If the game lets you do it, it's not cheating." -- Xarax

• 2 years later...

How to get that key out from the pot at the beginning of the mission? Playing with Win7 with keyboard and mouse. I shot down the pot from the window and I can rotate the pot with holding down mouse button 3 and moving the mouse, but I don't know what button to press to get the key out? I have tried every button on keyboard without success? Heeeelp pls?

• 4 months later...

I tried DM today for first time. And this mission is totally unlogical from the beginning. Without YouTube link in this thread (thanks OP) I would NEVER be able to even start. Starting from basically invisible metal pot with crtically important item which is hidden somewhere in the shadows, going through sewers where in one particular place you can submerge... Insane. Reminds me point & click adventure games from 90's.

Totally confusing imo. Specially without any highlights on screen like "climb" or "sneak" or whatever.

Huh, I never used the pot/key, thankfully they aren't necessary, admittedly I hadn't played other thief games, so didn't even know to look for such things, just had done the Training Mission.

My condolences you found it confusing and illogical, my concern is other missions might be even more confusing and illogical for you, as although Tears isn't one of the hardest, it is not one of the easiest either. Others frequently have fewer ways around spots that might have you stuck.

"The measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he never would be found out."

- Baron Thomas Babington Macauley

I meant that there are lot of moments when end user just can't understand what to do or what game expects from him to do/conclude/etc.

Yes! :-) That's what makes it fun rather than boring. The game doesn't tell you what to do, it lets you tell it what you want to try, and one of those things will ultimately be successful, even if the designer didn't plan for it/anticipate it.

"The measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he never would be found out."

- Baron Thomas Babington Macauley

Starting from basically invisible metal pot with crtically important item which is hidden somewhere in the shadows, going through sewers where in one particular place you can submerge... Insane.

The key isn't a requirement. You can get to the church directly if you want to kill/blind/run past the guard there.

There are also several clues that tell you specifically about the existence of the key and where to find it.