The Dark Mod Forums

Siege Shop Redux

PranQster

16 members have voted

1. 1. Mission upgrade underway. You would most like to see...

• Lighting optimization
    • The town looks lame, please improve it or get rid of it
    • I found the aesthetic audio odd, out of place, or annoying
    • Make the mission harder
    • Make the mission easier
    • A shrubbery!
  2. 2. I know lighting and brush optimization needs to be done, what else?

• Less AI, but with more complex paths
    • Lose the lantern bot
    • Upper floor is lame/boring. Please fix that
    • Dungeon looks like an afterthought, please make it better
    • Please break up that extra-long lower hallway, it's an FPS killer!
    • I have another suggestion (post it below)

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gray is American spelling, Grey is Canadian/UK spelling which is the original. I prefer Grey.

I dunno. Maybe someone is goofing at Wikipedia:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gray_%28unit%29

Please visit TDM's IndieDB site and help promote the mod:

http://www.indiedb.com/mods/the-dark-mod

(Yeah, shameless promotion... but traffic is traffic folks...)

Heh, I'm writing an article on the Fukushima accident now and using the Gray units all the time, along with the Becquerels and Curies (former Bq's) and Sieverts ... per meter or kg or second or year ... literally swimming in units and I have to keep track of what they all mean & how they covert or transform into one another.

What do you see when you turn out the light? I can't tell you but I know that it's mine.

Heh, I'm writing an article on the Fukushima accident now and using the Gray units all the time, along with the Becquerels and Curies (former Bq's) and Sieverts ... per meter or kg or second or year ... literally swimming in units and I have to keep track of what they all mean & how they covert or transform into one another.

ConvertPad to the rescue! https://market.andro...d.wt.unit&hl=en

Though in that app, gray rad and sievert are among the units for 'Radiation', while becquerel curie and rutherford are among the units for 'Radiation Activity'... also are separate categories for 'Radiation Exposure' and 'Radiation Absorbed Dose'. :) Though to be honest, I've only used the app for converting weight, speed, distance and temperature., mostly from our weird US systems to the much more sane metric or Celsius systems.

Edited by PranQster

System: Mageia Linux Cauldron, aka Mageia 8

Yeah you caught my point... The straight-forward conversions (Cu to Bq) are the easy thing. It's how radioactivity translates to exposure translates to dose translates to risk that's hairy. There's radiation activity in the soil or in milk (measured in Bq/m or Bq/km or Bq/g) that translates into a specific exposure for people living or working in the area, which varies if they're walking on it, touching it, breathing it in, eating it (which also varies by radionuclide; the limit of Bq of Pu is 1000 lower than the limit for Bq of I-131 or Cs-137; I think that means 1000 times more energy pumped out for the same Bq) that translates into dose, and even with dose you left out the difference between whole body dose (Gy/kg your body absorbs in a short time; which varies if it's into the skin, eyes, lungs, etc...) and effective dose (mSv/year accumulated dose that measures nuclides concentrating in your body over long periods of time in sensitive tissues, e.g., thyroid gland). Only *then* can you get to the health effects you can expect, which is a whole other bag of worms. But this is getting us lightyears away from the topic of this thread, lol. :P

Apologies, I'll shut up now...

What do you see when you turn out the light? I can't tell you but I know that it's mine.