The Dark Mod Forums

The Dark Mod on Facebook?

acolyte6

When is somebody going to add The Dark Mod (with Pic) onto Facebook so I can add it to my favorite games? I added "thedarkmod.com", but I can't add a picture. Thief 1 & 2 are there, but Gold & 3 are also missing :(

As a loyal fan of all things Thief I think this should be available. Still waiting impaitiently for Thief 4, but The Dark Mod is Awesome so I don't mind the wait :)

(Not on my machine, In Europé, but it works excellent )

My hobby built desktop is: XFX Play Hard-nVidia nForce 790i Ultra SLI

Onboard is:

CPU: Intel Socket 775

VGA: nVidia GeForce EVGA GTX-260

RAM: DDRIII 16Gb

HDD: 2 Tb

All service packs and latest drivers installed.

What do you see when you turn out the light? I can't tell you but I know that it's mine.

The group is outdated now and really should be removed, though I don't know how to do that.

Outdated? Removed?

I just found you... Should have put the Facebook icon on the home page so that fans could keep track of what's going on...

Maybe an Update would be better :)

Onboard is:

Uh, you mean like the News post on September 17th?

Also we have a new Facebook Page! Visit us there for more frequent updates and info, or to give us feedback.

Or the direct link on the Main page of the website?

Or the various threads discussing it here in this forum? http://forums.thedarkmod.com/topic/13075-the-dark-mod-and-facebook/page__hl__facebook__fromsearch__1

Or the post about it in the TTLG TDM thread? http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=88654&page=103

Outdated? Removed?

I just found you... Should have put the Facebook icon on the home page so that fans could keep track of what's going on...

Maybe an Update would be better :)

What Springheel meant was "The *group* is outdated and should be removed, because we have a Facebook *page* now" :)

https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Dark-Mod/188641261206944

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man." -- George Bernard Shaw (1856 - 1950)

"Remember: If the game lets you do it, it's not cheating." -- Xarax

I was going to agree there should be a link on the main page, but I just went to look at it and there is under a "Links" heading.

What do you see when you turn out the light? I can't tell you but I know that it's mine.

The group and the page have their icons, but I think the question was referring to adding TDM as a game listed in the user's profile, entertainment section. When I checked yesterday, it had a generic icon. How does someone go about adding an icon in that situation... simply add a favorite thing and upload an icon to go with it?

System: Mageia Linux Cauldron, aka Mageia 8

It' a little bit OT, and I don't want to flame, but the only social network that can slighly (maybe) trust and use will be this one:

https://joindiaspora.com/

Ortherwise a social network that has been created for profit on profiling millions of people and it's managed (with all these private data) by a PRIVATE entity, IMHO, it's a *really* really dangeours thing.

Ok, just my 2 cents, end of the note :-)

• Like 1

I'm sympathetic but my word there's no way not going to get the whole damn world to change social networks *again*

It' a little bit OT, and I don't want to flame, but the only social network that can slighly (maybe) trust and use will be this one:

https://joindiaspora.com/

Ortherwise a social network that has been created for profit on profiling millions of people and it's managed (with all these private data) by a PRIVATE entity, IMHO, it's a *really* really dangeours thing.

Ok, just my 2 cents, end of the note :-)

Yeah, that's not gonna happen! Facebook is the only one I use and will use, probably for the rest of my life after dropping MySpace, and Twitter... I havn't even bothered exploring that one...

Onboard is:

Yeah, that's not gonna happen! Facebook is the only one I use and will use, probably for the rest of my life after dropping MySpace, and Twitter... I havn't even bothered exploring that one...

Now Diaspora it's only at beta stage. The idea it's to make a distributed Social Network, it's a totally new concept, where the user is the most important thing to preserve. With Dispora all your data will be encripted via GPG, and *nobody* can publish and/or control your stuff rather then *you*.

FB it's EXACTLY the opposite...

Edited by Ladro

With Dispora all your data will be encripted via GPG, and *nobody* can publish and/or control your stuff rather then *you*.

FB it's EXACTLY the opposite...

Yeah, it's all very nice and technologically interesting, but look at the way people use social networks today. Hardly anyone cares about privacy and control of data. Far from having a trend towards greater privacy and security with GPG and the like, the trend is for more and more public data sharing, and more and more trust placed in commercial enterprises like Facebook and Google. We can argue that it's a bad thing, but it's still true.

On a related note, Google+ have now added the ability to add Pages for businesses and brands. Maybe one of our PR guys wants to set up a Dark Mod page there as well?

more OT:

there's no way not going to get the whole damn world to change social networks *again*

If you have registered yourself in just one google service, you're allready halfway in to G+...Who would have thought Firefox will get blended down by Chrome back a few years..

My theory is however that we'll not change social networks again in future but that we'll have some unified avatar-system which will allow access to various services and groups..Just as it's possible at a lot of places to register using FB accounts or whatever.

a social network that has been created for profit on profiling millions of people and it's managed (with all these private data) by a PRIVATE entity, IMHO, it's a *really* really dangeours thing.

I concur, I will be one of the few that will be able to say "I told you so" when facebollox finally takes a step too far. And following on from what Ladro said, what makes it even worse is said private individual is part of a group of people (they like to call themselfs a race...) that have been exposed as being untrustworthy and having a hidden agenda time and time again. But then, so many of big companies (google, MS, to name a few) in the world have members from said group in executive positions.