The Dark Mod Forums

The Tudors

Sir Taffsalot

Has anyone seen this rather good TV series? I bought the box set last week and have just finished watching series 1. I have to say that the set and the costumes are fantastic. It's like watching The Dark Mod come to life.

"I believe that what doesn't kill you simply makes you... stranger"

The Joker

Not enough Revenants to satisfy me. >:-I

"No proposition Euclid wrote,

No formulae the text-books know,

Will turn the bullet from your coat,

Or ward the tulwar's downward blow

Strike hard who cares—shoot straight who can—

The odds are on the cheaper man."

From 'Arithmetic on the Frontier' by Rudyard Kipling

From what I know, it follows the real history only very loosely, which is a total no-go for me. Real history was interesting enough, so I don't think there is a need to over-dramatize (or dumb down) what happened then.

My Eigenvalue is bigger than your Eigenvalue.

I saw season 4 on Showtime when it broadcast. Then more recently I saw parts of season 1 on BBC America. I have been catching up on season 1 and 2 on Amazon Prime this past week. I mostly need to see the Jane Seymour (rofl, had a bad typo here... due to brain fart) and Anne of Cleves episodes.

I appreciate the visuals, costumes, and acting... but am getting a bid bored with the romantic crap.

From what I've read, it seems to be based mostly on fact and somewhat on rumor and opinion. But what can we actually accept as true fact from what was written down at the time?

Edited by PranQster

System: Mageia Linux Cauldron, aka Mageia 8

Bits of it, but once I saw a couple I kinda got bored with it,

tbh I found it really slow to begin with too. If I wasn't having so much fun looking at the sets and thinking of inspiration for TDM I would probably have given up after the first few episodes too. I'm glad I didn't.

From what I know, it follows the real history only very loosely, which is a total no-go for me. Real history was interesting enough, so I don't think there is a need to over-dramatize (or dumb down) what happened then.

I'm really bad with history but even I can tell that there's a lot of historical inaccuracies. Still, I'm find it more entertaining than most of the usual stuff on TV so I'm willing to forgive it.

Took a bit of getting used to seeing Henry as a skinny young man with V short hair and no beard. I ended up really enjoying his intense performance.

Edited by Sir Taffsalot

"I believe that what doesn't kill you simply makes you... stranger"

The Joker

Took a bit of getting used to seeing Henry as a skinny young man with V short hair and no beard. I ended up really enjoying his intense performance.

Unfortunately that actor took his performance off-set with him and made a royal ass of himself in public a few times. I seem to recall a fight on a commercial airliner reported about him... being a general douche-bag.

System: Mageia Linux Cauldron, aka Mageia 8