The Dark Mod Forums

Place to post thedarkmod.com site errors?

EarlyTaffer

See no "Contact Us" links anywhere on thedarkmod.com

There are direct links to our Facebook page, our ModDB page and our Forums on the main page...what other ways would you like to contact us?

There are direct links to our Facebook page, our ModDB page and our Forums on the main page...what other ways would you like to contact us?

For all of these one needs to register first on some third-party page or the forums to contact the team, tho. And I don't think we'd even see if someone posted something somewhere on moddb - there is no real central place there to add comments (and unsure if someone from the team would even notice.) Likewise with facebook, can you even add something to our page there as non-team member and would we see it?

How about an email like team@thedarkmod.com, linked from the top?

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man." -- George Bernard Shaw (1856 - 1950)

"Remember: If the game lets you do it, it's not cheating." -- Xarax

For all of these one needs to register first on some third-party page or the forums to contact the team, tho.

Yes, and?

How about an email like team@thedarkmod.com, linked from the top?

And who would be reading these emails?

Yes, and?

Streamlined user experience - you are doing it wrong *rollseyes*

And who would be reading these emails?

The webmaster. (Thats webmaster@thedarkmod.com in case you forgot that each website should have such an account ;)

E.g. whoever would (if ever) read the posts on whereever the user stumbled over first and managed to let his cry for help loose

E.g. our community manager, f.i. nbohr1more. Or just send a copy to me and nbohr1more. (And you and greebo and whoever wants to read them).

E.g. the person who is actually be *able* to do something about it. Posting here on the forum, in facebook or moddb is all nice and dandy from the users POV but unless someone acts on the post, its useless. And if someone acts on a post, they might as well act on an email.

(I still remember the last 2 or 3 times I had a problem with our website I had to post in the internal forums and hope someone in power would read the post...)

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man." -- George Bernard Shaw (1856 - 1950)

"Remember: If the game lets you do it, it's not cheating." -- Xarax

Streamlined user experience - you are doing it wrong *rollseyes*

Hmm, let's see. User wants to comment about website. User logs into forum and comments, and within seven minutes the issue is fixed. What exactly is the problem again? *insertcondescendingfacialexpressionhere*

User wants to comment about website. User logs into forum and comments

That is assuming the user has already registered on the forums. User laziness issues aside, should it really be a requirement to register with the forum community to resolve issues or ask questions? Is it too much to expect a project of this caliber to not have some sort of PR department/person that answers emails about random topics, some of which might not be suited to the public forum medium?

That is assuming the user has already registered on the forums.

I wasn't assuming anything, I was commenting on the poster who started this thread.

And do I think it's too much to ask for someone to register on the community forums (or Facebook or ModDB or the main website) in order to communicate directly with the dev team who spend years of their lives working for free in order to provide high quality content for them?

Not really.

As a former moderator myself I understand the reluctance of adding yet another thankless task that is likely to be a spam magnet. i.e. an "open" webmaster email account. Yes, even some "captcha"s have been cracked. And no matter _what_ countermeasures are used as a filter such will need to be maintained / upgraded as the spammers skill progress.

But a link on the home page for such directed to a page with the preferred method/ forum / post title to use would seem reasonable. Alternatively, a sticky post on the forums could do the same.

Given the relatively small apparent size of TDM its probably overkill.

BTW Quick work on the broken link! ;)

HTH! :)

Edited by EarlyTaffer

I can add a team email address and redirect it to myself, no problem, but there's no way in hell I'm going to add "webmaster@thedarkmod.com". Heck, this is not the 90s anymore, only spammers would want every website to have such an address. I've closed down the recruiting@thedarkmod.com address again since it was receiving 100% SpamAssassin material.