The Dark Mod Forums

New TDM mission

Loa4ever

Hello everyone,

I'm writing about a new TDM mission I would like to explore, however I'll need some help:

Vocals:

- thief

- crazy/mad people

- male adult doctor

- female nurses and males too (I can help here since I'm a female myself, but if there's more female around please don't hesitate)

Mapping:

- if someone could take care of this part, I could do some modeling in case it is need. I also would like if possible to test a new kind of movements, since we are dealing with mad people.

In case you see something I didn't mention and you think I will need just ask.The rest story, title I'll take care of that.

Mapping:

- if someone could take care of this part,

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

What kind of story do you have in mind exactly?

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man." -- George Bernard Shaw (1856 - 1950)

"Remember: If the game lets you do it, it's not cheating." -- Xarax

Mapping:

- if someone could take care of this part, I could do some modeling in case it is need. I also would like if possible to test a new kind of movements, since we are dealing with mad people.

I find this somewhat unrealistic. Mapping is a lot over 50% of all the work. I am uncertain if someone would agree to see all the mapping trouble while someone else was calling the shots.

A more realistic approach would be if you devise the plot and texts, then map the work yourself. You can probably get people to help with vocals so that isn't often the problem.

So grab DR and start from the A-Z tutorial. There are regular veteran mappers on this forum, like myself, who are delighted to help new mappers trying to learn the in and outs of DR. Just remember to start with a small mission so you won't get overwhelmed.

Clipper

-The mapper's best friend.

Hi,

as Sotha mentioned do not expect anyone do the mapping of your vision. That doesn't work.

For some time I'm (very slow but steady) working on a FM

Type: Hospital/Asylum

Theme: Horror/Exploration/Dark Secret

Loa4ever if you are a modeller and like to contribute a few models regards mad people, nurses, doctors or hospital/asylum gadgets or environments please PM me.

Edited by fllood

"To rush is without doubt the most important enemy of joy" ~ Thieves Saying

What kind of story do you have in mind exactly?

About a thief going to a Asylum making an investigation.

I find this somewhat unrealistic. Mapping is a lot over 50% of all the work. I am uncertain if someone would agree to see all the mapping trouble while someone else was calling the shots.

A more realistic approach would be if you devise the plot and texts, then map the work yourself. You can probably get people to help with vocals so that isn't often the problem.

So grab DR and start from the A-Z tutorial. There are regular veteran mappers on this forum, like myself, who are delighted to help new mappers trying to learn the in and outs of DR. Just remember to start with a small mission so you won't get overwhelmed.

Stupid of me thanks for the information will see that.

I see I shouldn't had write above, I thought it was made seperatly :S. Sorry guys and thanks.

Yes, like Sotha suggested, your best aproach would be to complete the A-Z tutorial at least once (http://wiki.thedarkmod.com/index.php?title=A_-_Z_Beginner_Full_Guide_Start_Here!); it should take you a couple of days, but after that you'll have a much clearer view of what it takes to map for TDM, all the basic technical and spatial needs. You'll also find in the wiki tutorials that will help you if you want to test your models in game (though, again, only AFTER you complete the A-Z tutorial, as you'll need basic mapping knowledge to handle the files and to create test maps to place the models).