The Dark Mod Forums

Laptop in repair since 2 months

SeriousToni

I bought a laptop 2 months ago, but the lan adapter was making trouble, so I sent it in for repair.

After 3 weeks they sent it back to me but it didn't make any change. They just reinstalled the OS.

So I had to sent it back again.

Now after waiting another 5 weeks and two telephone calls they told me I still had to wait because the repair shop didn't answer yet.

Sheesh...

Now what is your opinion, what can I do? Should I say I want my money back, go to hell? Or writing a letter of complaint? To whom? What should I demand?

What is your experience?

"Einen giftigen Trank aus Kräutern und Wurzeln für die närrischen Städter wollen wir brauen." - Text aus einem verlassenen Heidenlager

What kind of trouble? Are you sure it was a hardware problem with the onboard NIC? You can try a live CD of another OS just to confirm it.

If it were a machine that I really liked and they were taking forever to fix it, I would consider just getting a cheap USB NIC for the following reasons.

*the very idea that you're using CAT5 means you're not mobile.

*USB NICs are dirt cheap and its better than dealing with the pain of (over and over again) contacting the manufacturer.

Sure, you deserve a machine with 100% functionality, but having to go without it for long periods of time like that would annoy me and I would consider an alternative solution.

--- War does not decide who is right, war decides who is left.

If it's a laptop LAN adapter it's built into the motherboard, which means main board replacement. I.E. one of the most expensive parts on a laptop especially if said motherboard has on board video card.

Who makes this laptop?

Also just because he's using Ethernet doesn't mean he isn't mobile, it just means he isn't mobile at that very moment. For example I take my laptop to work with me every single day, yet when I'm at home I plug in via Ethernet because I want GigE, and not have to worry about congesting my wifi network for everyone else. My laptop is incredibly mobile, when I leave the house, it's in my backseat, but I use Ethernet when I can and Wifi when I have to.

I always assumed I'd taste like boot leather.

If it's a laptop LAN adapter it's built into the motherboard, which means main board replacement. I.E. one of the most expensive parts on a laptop especially if said motherboard has on board video card.

Maybe thats why they take so long. Hopefulyl I will get it in one piece and not with another new errors because of this.

"Einen giftigen Trank aus Kräutern und Wurzeln für die närrischen Städter wollen wir brauen." - Text aus einem verlassenen Heidenlager

Believe it or not, they changed the motherboard and it still doesn't work properly! :o

I get my money back as soon as I sent the laptop back. I'll try to find a better laptop manufacturer now.